What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test India v South Africa at Ranchi, Oct 19 - Oct 23 2019

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts 3pm this Satruday

Kholi going for full throttle, and probably another double ton..

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27834673/not-going-take-foot-gas-third-test-virat-kohli

'We're not going to take the foot off the gas in the third Test' - Virat Kohli

Virat Kohli
On scoring seven double-tons in his last 40 Tests after none in his first 41

I think it's getting the responsibility of being captain. If you go out planning a double-hundred, you will not get it. But if you go out planning [on] playing five sessions for your team, invariably you cross that 200 mark as well. The mindset has always been to help the team as much as possible, play at the tempo the team requires you to, and in that process, big scores come. The mindset change is the only reason behind the big scores. Before that, I used to think from a personal point of view and put pressure on myself. But the moment you start thinking about the team, all the pressure goes away, and all you're thinking is how to contribute to the team's cause.

I thought SA would be a chance now that they dropped Markram.... boy was i wrong, they are gettin thrashed again... and why the hell did they drop philander and maharaj, their 2 best players...

Mr Spock!

Referee
I thought SA would be a chance now that they dropped Markram.... boy was i wrong, they are gettin thrashed again... and why the hell did they drop philander and maharaj, their 2 best players...
Maharaj flew back to South Africa. Injured shoulder.

Philander has been bowling pies to go with his 2 wickets for the series.....siddle-like.

Actually he could have been picked for his batting.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Unless the ball is seaming all over the place, Philander is worse than this guy....

998aa26120e72e9c49a44aec9ede50a3.jpg

Remeber when he pulled out of an Adelaide test because the wicket was too flat.......

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe all Rohit needed was a shot at the top in Tests as well....ok SA have been awful but he is killing it. The bloke is averaging 160 as an opener ffs!

Will get swung out in away conditions still, you'd reckon, but given he's been at best average down the order every time he's been picked anywhere I can't help but feel India have missed a trick with how they've used him in subcontinent conditions in the past...

Bazal

Post Whore
This is a bit of a farce...the lights are in full effect and casting proper shadows, can't play Test cricket with a red ball in those conditions

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I know it's in India but the Saffas haven't even put up a fight. Without Amla and AB in the side they look like a Windies/Bangladesh level side.

Deadset Rabada and Faf are the only ones you'd feed.

Latest posts