What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Pakistan v Australia @ Lahore, March 21-25 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
You would imagine Hazlewood come in? Should be fresh as a daisy 🌻

Pends how the deck is they may bring in Boland and Haze for Starc and Swepson ?

Pending how Swepson pulls up, Dare I say it, Agar replaces him?:oops: The bald duo united

Starts on Monday 4pm AEDT

Bazal

Post Whore
Would be so us to drop Swepson after one Test.

I'd be surprised if this deck isn't much the same as the first two. Keep the same kind of attack, no point dropping Swepson or Lyon for another baldy who can't spin it. Haze for Starc, maybe, but Starc bowled pretty well second test.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Aussie's overrated attack cooked, and our fragile batsmen due for a collapse at some point. Pakistan with all the momentum, and reckon they win this. We reach new levels of baldosity by the day

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A lot will depend on the pitch and no doubt Pakis want a result instead of 3 draws, they may very well serve up a turner and back their spin attack against ours

or at least that's what I'd do

Bazal

Post Whore
A lot will depend on the pitch and no doubt Pakis want a result instead of 3 draws, they may very well serve up a turner and back their spin attack against ours

or at least that's what I'd do

Same but I'm not sure they're gonna have the chance to serve up a rank spinning deck? Test starts in four days

I think they'll have prepared all the pitches roughly the same. Rawalpindi would have been almost identical to Karachi if it had been hotter down there: hard and flat road early then breaking a bit, but still good for batting if you get in.

If that's what they've prepared here I dunno whether they have much time to change it too much. Well, unless they get out the wire brushes

TheParraboy

Staff member
My winning 3rd test team ...

Khawaja
Harris
Marnus
Smith
MMarsh
Agar
Carey
Cummins
Swepson
Boland
Lyon/Haze - pending deck inspection

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Swepson is going to bowl the odd bad ball, Warne is the only leg spinner who could maintain his accuracy and spin. Swepson got loose at the end because after 50 overs he was physically f**ked. His was not a Bryce Mcgain performance.

I love Hazelwood. However on these pitches Starc and Cummins are going to be more effective.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hope Swepson is good to go

Not sure he has ever bowled 50+ overs in an innings in pretty warm conditions, and potentially has to back that up again a few days later?

Erry feeling Agar comes in. Draw is our best option then

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Zampa would go OK over there, shame he's still here.

Went OK for the Bluebags last week.

Swepson is going to bowl the odd bad ball, Warne is the only leg spinner who could maintain his accuracy and spin. Swepson got loose at the end because after 50 overs he was physically f**ked. His was not a Bryce Mcgain performance.

I love Hazelwood. However on these pitches Starc and Cummins are going to be more effective.

Starc’s record on slow wickets is diabolical. Aside from the one tour to Sri Lanka he’s always been smashed on lifeless wickets.

In India he averages 50

in UAE 53

in Pakistan 62

and even in Australia on the slower wickets of SCG & MCG he struggles.

It’s time to unleash Boland.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol Boland. This isn't a decimated mediocre England side with half the team phoning it in away from home.

If you want to replace Starc, fine, but replace him with quality not the Adam Voges of the bowling crease.