What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Pakistan v Australia @ Lahore, March 21-25 2022

Fangs

Coach
Terrific win and a pretty good series overall. Could have been 2-0. Better side definately won.

Hopefully this opens the door for more teams to tour Pakistan. The big one would be India. They haven't had a test series against Pakistan since 2008.

Looking forward to the ODI series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gotta say, well bowled goat, he finally got us home on the 5 the day of a test match

also, I don't think Swepson is the answer, as much as I wanted him to be

He is way too inconsistent and does not allow any pressure to build up, way too many full tosses. I'd like to see him with a longer run up, he just seems to take 2 steps then rips it over the top, all the work is done at the delivery stride. I reckon if he had a slightly longer run up he'd build more momentum and be more balanced at the point of delivery and be more consistent. But that's just me.

well done to Paddy and the boys

I’m so happy for Khawaja tbh.

Pat certainly has been fantastic. I’m loving Greeny too.

This team will go through a transition again next 1-2 years as Warner, Uzi, Starc, Lyon age. Smith too really. So to get a win up in Asia and in Pakistan, is pretty good work. The next target would be SL series and to finally beat SAF at home for first time in almost two decades (05/06).

TheParraboy

Staff member
👌 👍

Australia's triumphant Test captain Pat Cummins has hailed the influence of Andrew McDonald in Pakistan but says it's not his job to pick the next coach

1648338123734.png

Pat Cummins says it's not his job to pick Australian cricket's next coach but is offering a ringing endorsement to caretaker Andrew McDonald.

McDonald took on the head coaching role for the Pakistan tour after Justin Langer's messy post-Ashes departure.

And Cummins says McDonald's influence on Australia's 1-0 series win in Pakistan can't be undersold.

"He's fantastic," Cummins said after Australia's 115-run win in the third Test in Lahore on Friday sealed the series victory.

"Very diligent, very thorough, strategic, very organised.

Whoever gets the gig will take over an Australian Test team brimming with confidence after their Pakistan success.

Cummins' next captaincy assignment is a two-Test tour of Sri Lanka in June and July before a four-Test tour of India starting in September.

"The amount of confidence we will get out of winning over here, not just as a team but so many individuals ... being able to stand up to Asian conditions, it's huge for the Sri Lanka tour later in the year," Cummins said.

"It's probably not as much (spinning) conditions here as what we'll get in Sri Lanka.

"But I think the last Asian tours that I have been on, there's a lot of talk in Australia that we have got to change our game to suit over here.

"This is a good lesson that the basics of batting and bowling that we play in Australia can hold up over here. If anything, it reaffirms that our game can hold up."

King-Gutho94

Coach
👌 👍

Australia's triumphant Test captain Pat Cummins has hailed the influence of Andrew McDonald in Pakistan but says it's not his job to pick the next coach

View attachment 59477

Pat Cummins says it's not his job to pick Australian cricket's next coach but is offering a ringing endorsement to caretaker Andrew McDonald.

McDonald took on the head coaching role for the Pakistan tour after Justin Langer's messy post-Ashes departure.

And Cummins says McDonald's influence on Australia's 1-0 series win in Pakistan can't be undersold.

"He's fantastic," Cummins said after Australia's 115-run win in the third Test in Lahore on Friday sealed the series victory.

"Very diligent, very thorough, strategic, very organised.

Whoever gets the gig will take over an Australian Test team brimming with confidence after their Pakistan success.

Cummins' next captaincy assignment is a two-Test tour of Sri Lanka in June and July before a four-Test tour of India starting in September.

"The amount of confidence we will get out of winning over here, not just as a team but so many individuals ... being able to stand up to Asian conditions, it's huge for the Sri Lanka tour later in the year," Cummins said.

"It's probably not as much (spinning) conditions here as what we'll get in Sri Lanka.

"But I think the last Asian tours that I have been on, there's a lot of talk in Australia that we have got to change our game to suit over here.

"This is a good lesson that the basics of batting and bowling that we play in Australia can hold up over here. If anything, it reaffirms that our game can hold up."
Pretty gutless from Pat by not endorsing McDonald.

Am i saying that right 🤔

blaza88z

Coach
Terrific win and a pretty good series overall. Could have been 2-0. Better side definately won.

Hopefully this opens the door for more teams to tour Pakistan. The big one would be India. They haven't had a test series against Pakistan since 2008.

Looking forward to the ODI series.

They hate each other mate, absolutely hate each other

I don't think they even let Pakistan players into the IPL

Bazal

Post Whore
gotta say, well bowled goat, he finally got us home on the 5 the day of a test match

also, I don't think Swepson is the answer, as much as I wanted him to be

He is way too inconsistent and does not allow any pressure to build up, way too many full tosses. I'd like to see him with a longer run up, he just seems to take 2 steps then rips it over the top, all the work is done at the delivery stride. I reckon if he had a slightly longer run up he'd build more momentum and be more balanced at the point of delivery and be more consistent. But that's just me.

well done to Paddy and the boys

The problem we've got is guys like Swepson could easily have been the answer, but we've put every egg we've ever had in the BOAT basket.

The cult of the Nanny Goat will scoff in their Bundies but the fact that we've barely ever even looked at another spinner until recently (apart from SOK who is even older than Lyon) has really got the potential to hurt us.

Swepson doesn't need as much control or variation in First Class cricket cos batting lineups aren't as strong. Ideally, what would happen with a lot of spinners is they get a taste like he has as youngsters, as a second spinner or for injury, and then they can go away and work on things they know they need. Like, he needs a much better googly.

But he's 29 before our next home summer...maybe he'd never manage it but given his age he's not going to get that chance. He's the age now where you'd want him to be ready to step in, but he's just debuting.

Fangs

Coach
Bit early on Swepson. Tough place to begin your test career.

Would be good if he got a chance in a home test. Probably 2-3 years away until Lyon retires.

Latest posts