What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

Stagger eel

Staff member
has there ever been joint golden boot awards awarded? if so, I just can't seperate Slater and Inglis...

aussies1st

Staff member
Good win, still didn't full click and we have improvement in the forward pack.

Thurston MOTM

BuffaloRules

Coach
International league is still well and truly dead. There really is no point having a world cup or a four nations next year. Just have a series every other between Aus and NZ.

Agree. The poms are a fricken joke. No heart no fitness, same old...

morgan123

Juniors
Phil Clarke sums up the stupidity that is the SL clubs. 53% of Super League players can play for England. Shocking. The fact that the input from the youth systems is so terrible in terms of depth, England have absolutely no chance of ever beating Australia, ever.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the scoreline in the end wasnt indicative of thematch, but it did sum up the difference between the two nations in terms of skill.

hayne was dissapointing again and i think sheens fialed to look at ways to utilise him. i think the overall defense and attcking structure of the team over the whole series has been pretty poor.

i assume hodges was injured?

and slater was motm for mind

user_nat

Coach
Phil Clarke sums up the stupidity that is the SL clubs. 53% of Super League players can play for England. Shocking. The fact that the input from the youth systems is so terrible in terms of depth, England have absolutely no chance of ever beating Australia, ever.

That's a bit harsh, they were good for the first 65 minutes.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Yep, England did not take the chances. Australia soaked it up and then ran over the exhausted England side at the end. I expected Australia to win. I actually feared worse, like many I saw this team as much weaker than a few years ago.

England have a good pack. Last year, the halves and backs were poor. Now the forwards are good, the halves are OK (and developing young players), but the backs are still poor. Depressingly, if I encountered a nippy and nibble young sportsman in England, I would struggle to see why they should drop the football code then have grown up with and accept insulting media coverage and little money to play rugby league. Even if they did, they would then be strictly amateur until very late. I therefore do not expect England to catch up with Australia in anything but the very long term.

Congratulations to Australia, a well deserved victory.

Hallatia

Referee
the scoreline in the end wasnt indicative of thematch, but it did sum up the difference between the two nations in terms of skill.
I felt the same, although that game did not deserve that scoreline, it is a fair reflection on the difference between the sides