What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 5 - england v NZ

roughyedspud

Coach
discuss.....

england are facing a major reshuffle in the forwards with ellis,graham & peacock all carrying knocks after wembley.....assume they are out we'll have to bring in ryan bailey,gareth carvell & carl abblet...

1 to 5 picks itself....though kirk yeaman needs to book his ideas up

6. sinfield
7. chase - McNamara won't change it......personally i'd be tempted to stick maguire @ 7

8-13/17 is where it all changes...i've gone

8. ryan bailey
9. james roby
10. gareth carvell
11. chris heighington - only playing due to injuries otherwise i'd stick him on the plane
12. ben westwood
13. jon wilkin

14. widdop
15. morley
16. jjb
17. carl ablett

typicalfan

Coach
As much as i felt Sinfield and Chase were ordinary you have to stick solid. Only other alternative imo is to bring Widdop into the 6. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail.

Parra Pride

Coach
Surely you have a back up half beside Widdop? Move them to 6, Sinfield into the 13, Heighinton farks off.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Graham and Ellis out=us favourites. Those two play=England slight favourites. Going to be a close game, hoping we step up and put in our first good performance. Won't be much more than 6 points in it either way.

TommyGun

Juniors
Sinfield could play off the bench as a second hooker. I reckon Roby would be pretty devastating through the middle of the field in the last 10-15 minutes if he got a break during the game. This way Widdop could play 5/8

timka4

Bench
As much as i felt Sinfield and Chase were ordinary you have to stick solid. Only other alternative imo is to bring Widdop into the 6. Otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail.
They weren't too bad. But yes if England changed now it'd be the end for them. With all the injuries in the forwards to key forwards, it's probably the end anyway.

roughyedspud

Coach
Sinfield could play off the bench as a second hooker. I reckon Roby would be pretty devastating through the middle of the field in the last 10-15 minutes if he got a break during the game. This way Widdop could play 5/8

for all of the 2nd half yesterday we had sinfield,chase,widdop on the field at the same time

RedVee

First Grade
What happened to the big bloke from Huddersfield? (Crabtree?) was he injured as well?

TommyGun

Juniors
for all of the 2nd half yesterday we had sinfield,chase,widdop on the field at the same time

I think sinfield was moved to lock. I dont know that its good for a team's structure changing your halves combination halfway through a game