What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40/30 discuss

The_Frog

First Grade
The 20/40 was a big hit wasn't it.

It reminds me of breakfast cereals. If someone comes up with one that's popular, they bring out several others with the same name, or very similar. Rugby League is not marketing.

T-Boon

Coach
The 20/40 was a big hit wasn't it.

It reminds me of breakfast cereals. If someone comes up with one that's popular, they bring out several others with the same name. Rugby League is not marketing.

it got made redundant by 6 again. It was never a great idea anyway thats why I've never suggested it.

A 40/20 requires skill to pull off, hence the rewards are commensurate with the effort. A 40/30 would not require quite as much skill and, in my opinion, cheapen the concept as it would just encourage more kicking of the football.

A hard "no thank you" from me.

T-Boon

Coach
A 40/20 requires skill to pull off, hence the rewards are commensurate with the effort. A 40/30 would not require quite as much skill and, in my opinion, cheapen the concept as it would just encourage more kicking of the football.

A hard "no thank you" from me.

Thanks for a considered answer. I prefer 40/30 to 40/20 because it would require more skill to defend and decisions for the defense to make. Defense is too easy at the moment, they just stand in a straight line 10 across. Defenses should have more to do than that.
Hopefully we would see less bombs as a result.

kit66

Bench
Too easy an out for a team struggling to work the ball out their half and It would penalize good defence.