What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th T20: New Zealand v Australia at Wellington Mar 5th 2021

@hineyrulz reckons I'm a BA loving, CA loving sycophant so maybe there's something to be said for perspective...

haha.

Baz I’m just happy we won. I just saw Finches innings as a far better one than others do, in a different perspective.

In all honesty I don’t hate Philippe at all, it was just the situation I saw at the time. He struggled .. didn’t get going. It was eating up the strike and he’d faced more balls than finch (opener) by the 6th over at less than a run a ball. I don’t hate him for it and hope he succeeds soon, guys got talent.

Bazal

Post Whore
haha.

Baz I’m just happy we won. I just saw Finches innings as a far better one than others do, in a different perspective.

In all honesty I don’t hate Philippe at all, it was just the situation I saw at the time. He struggled .. didn’t get going. It was eating up the strike and he’d faced more balls than finch (opener) by the 6th over at less than a run a ball. I don’t hate him for it and hope he succeeds soon, guys got talent.

I also don't hate Finchy. And like two posts later I said I didn't think it was a poor innings, just a bit average.

I just think his time is over. Like I said before, he starts too slow for the modern white ball game. Sure it looks great when he smacks 26 off Kyle Jamieson's last over but not so much when he gets out for 50 off 70 in an ODI or 20 off 30 in a T20.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Only yours old mate...

tenor.gif

I also don't hate Finchy. And like two posts later I said I didn't think it was a poor innings, just a bit average.

I just think his time is over. Like I said before, he starts too slow for the modern white ball game. Sure it looks great when he smacks 26 off Kyle Jamieson's last over but not so much when he gets out for 50 off 70 in an ODI or 20 off 30 in a T20.

Yeah Finchy is in his mid-30’s so fair to suggest his career is mostly behind him. But I remember the days before he became captain as those where the Australian T20 team was way off the pace, I think we were ranked 7th at one point. I think overall he’s done a great job in the most fickle form of the game for mine.

But he hasn’t been that bad in ODI’s recently either. He’s captained a series win in India (unheard of in modern times) and did smack India around a bit earlier this year... Hes regularly got us to 100 after 20 overs without loss... and him hanging about has built the platform for Smith, Maxwell etc to go bananas a lot. Rather than come in at 4/100 or similar - different ball game then.

He’s now Australia’s leading run scorer in international T20’s.. through his last 2 innings has really helped us win - after he’d faltered in the first 2 games of the series, and under the microscope.

The bloke is pretty alright as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:

Latest posts