What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 3-7 2019 - MATCH DRAWN

TheParraboy

Staff member
Unfortunately they wont make many changes imo

Word is Labuschagne for MMarsh?

Mentally cant see us winning, India too determined, better class of batsmen

Having said that we need to win, we need to take 20 wickets

Do we move Paine to 6, Cummins to 7, + 4 bowlers?

Meth

Staff member
Leave Cummins where he is. If you push up Cummins to 7, you don't really bolter your batting. You need to bring someone in to bat above him that's going to score some runs.

Matt23

Staff member
Leave Cummins where he is, wtf has Labuschagne done to be even be mentioned for selection?

JJ

Immortal
Paine can't be 6, and you simply need to replace Finch, literally with anyone

Interesting that Kohli referenced their first class comp. Don't know much about it but it used to be what Straya could say

Bazal

Post Whore
Joe Burns absolutely must be there somewhere if they're fair dinkum.

Wade and Daniel Hughes also worth a go potentially, but Burns for Finch is an absolute must.

They won't, because they are useless.

Meth

Staff member
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
S. Marsh
Wade
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood

?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Heard on the coverage CA asked Maxwell not to play county cricket over winter, cause he will be busy for Australia, asked him to rest up

So then he doesn't get picked for UAE tour, nor indian tests so far, played a few ODI and t20 for Australia in November and some Shield games and now playing bbl now. work overload :rolleyes:

He has since declined to play in the IPL and will play county cricket after our summer

Bazal

Post Whore
Burns
Harris
Khawaja
S. Marsh
Wade
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood

?

That would be about the way I'd go, yeah. And I suppose there's the possibility of a second spinner on the twelve in case it's a bunsen, but I doubt they'll prepare an Indian wicket

JJ

Immortal
Maxwell is never a sensible option. There are probably six or eight more sensible options at least
To me he's more sensible than MMarsh...

From what I've seen I'd go Burns and Renshaw and I don't give a shit what his form is like

If they want an all rounder then I'd think Maxwell is better than Marsh and Stoinis

What is Ferguson up to?

Head looks like he's playing ODI innings just so loose

JJ

Immortal
That would be about the way I'd go, yeah. And I suppose there's the possibility of a second spinner on the twelve in case it's a bunsen, but I doubt they'll prepare an Indian wicket
Is O'Keefe still that guy? Or is the fella Warne is harping on about for real?

Bazal

Post Whore
To me he's more sensible than MMarsh...

From what I've seen I'd go Burns and Renshaw and I don't give a shit what his form is like

If they want an all rounder then I'd think Maxwell is better than Marsh and Stoinis

What is Ferguson up to?

Head looks like he's playing ODI innings just so loose

There are second graders who would be a more sensible selection than Marsh, so that's not really much of a consideration...

Reactions: JJ

Bazal

Post Whore
Is O'Keefe still that guy? Or is the fella Warne is harping on about for real?

No one Warne talks up is for real.

Tbh I'm not sure who it would be. Holland or Swepson I suppose, based on selections recently.

Reactions: JJ

T-Boon

Coach
Seeing as the first class level is not developing good test batsmen (due to having to commit to the $ that T20 produces) I wonder if they can try to get first grade cricket to be the place we develope good test batsmen. ie get all the best players in the country playing in Sydney first grade.

JJ

Immortal
good side, doubt they will pick Wade

more likely to drop Finch to no6
The good bloke argument you facetiously trot out might be genuinely the case with Finch, he actually seems like a real decent bloke... can't be another reason? If they move him to 6 clearly he's integral

Border was giving Paine big wraps earlier, hope people listened

Latest posts