What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: England v India @ The Oval Sep 2-6 2021

Epic series though, so much fun. Isn’t test cricket great!

Oh yeah. That test was evenly contested throughout - but one mighty blast of a spell from Bumrah after lunch triggered the collapse and then India win resoundingly (after trailing by 99 runs after the first dig).

Been a great series, aside from the late nights I'm really enjoying it.

saint.nick

Coach
Suck f**king shit you insufferable poms. All the poms on twitter are moaning about Kohli taking the piss out of their stupid trumpet, they can give it but they can't take it.

"oH WeLl aT lEASt OuR BaNTaHH Is bEtter ThAn YoUrs"

saint.nick

Coach
I really like Michael Vaughan. But Atherton and Gower are great. And Michael Holding too.

As for Warne.. thinking about it more..

Over here he’s got a few in the box who have tended to stroke his ego a bit… and then he can come across arrogant / know all etc. And on fox cricket he’s most definitely the biggest dog in the street..

But he’s more of a guest in England, with an established team of experts. So he doesn’t look to overwhelm things.

There was an example last night with the Dropped catch off Kohli in the slips where he talked of the dynamics of slips fielding, what being too close together can result in etc.. and even for me who’s followed n played the game for so long it was insightful… the bloke knows his stuff.

Matt Johns made an insightful point years ago about Victorian commentators.. he based the AFL fan one (mick?) on Brayshaw after encountering him. They can just come across with a certain cadence of that blokey, matey, insincere, jolly, “how good are we” type of tone.. Or in my opinion, like they are all in a Sportsbet Ad. Or a pissed uncle at the family bbq trying to be funny.

Brayshaw is South Australian but Victorian through and through.
Mate I've always thought the exact same thing about Victorians, they're just too much! Settle down, your sport is f**king shit! And yes the irony of me saying that considering my two most recent posts is not lost on me.

Lets get some sanity back into this thread.;) The bowlers are dominating this series as both sides have brittle batting. All I can say is hoping the ECB sends the same batting lineup here for the Ashes.
These are the Test averages of England's batsmen.. some current others dumped.
Burns @32.30
Malan @28.62
Pope @32.16
Bairstow @33.70
Crawley @28.34
Sibley @28.94
Lawrence @27.23
Their new opener Hameed averages @33 at FC level.

Last edited: