What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th test: England v South Africa at Old Trafford, Aug 4-8 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
Day 1 - poms won toss and elected to bat

6/260

no philander for SA, dekock to bat at 4

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol Keaton Jennings.

Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood will abuse him like he's David Warner touring the subcontinent.

I'm honestly not sure which odds are the most delicious I've ever seen - Australia @ $1.57 for the Ashes or Winx for the Plate @ $1.60.

Put your life savings on the multi because if we don't lose 5 nil I'll be shocked.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol Keaton Jennings.

Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood will abuse him like he's David Warner touring the subcontinent.

I'm honestly not sure which odds are the most delicious I've ever seen - Australia @ $1.57 for the Ashes or Winx for the Plate @ $1.60.

Put your life savings on the multi because if we don't lose 5 nil I'll be shocked.
Good to see you being cocky and confident before the tour has started :)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Haha man I haven't dreaded an Ashes series like this since about 2002/2003.
I can't see anything other than a 4 or 5 nil flogging.

Our main wicket taker atm is Moeen Ali and I can't remember the last time a good touring spin bowler wasn't pasted in Australia, let alone a bad one.

Kumble in 04? Otherwise they all get wasted.

And our two mainstay quicks are older and less threatening than they used to be.

And don't get me started on our top order batting.

If we even manage to draw the series it'd be as big a shock to me as Leicester winning the EPL.

Gutted the pay dispute was sorted. Was our only hope.

Das Gupta

Juniors
You wonder how much of a better batsmen Bairstow could become if he gave up the gloves. He would have more time just to work on his batting. It would surely strengthen England's batting as well if he moved up to 3 or 4 and Buttler came in for the gloves. Buttler would be a better batsmen than some of the other mugs they have had in this series.

JJ

Immortal
Moeen Ali is a modern great, giant of the game - South Africans and Australians alike fear him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee Ali is in some form, not sure if he will be able to bowl like that on our pitches tho

Timbo

Staff member
If Moeen Ali and Toby Roland-Jones are in their four frontline bowlers this summer, we will eat them without salt.

Fine cricketers, not suited to our pitches or conditions.

If Moeen Ali and Toby Roland-Jones are in their four frontline bowlers this summer, we will eat them without salt.

Fine cricketers, not suited to our pitches or conditions.

Never a truer statement.
I don't believe we have the bowlers that suit the conditions out here that can take 20 wickets a match.
We will have our moments with the ball but I can't see us being a dominate threat needed out here.Pace and bounce is the rule out here not seam and swing. Australia is too tough to beat at home unless you have a team that is very good (which we aren't) or Australia has a team that are hopeless. Which they are not.
Our bowlers possible lack of success out here doesn't include our fragile batting line up atm confronting Stac, Hazelwood etc on their decks.
The ashes will be all over weather permitting by Perth.

Latest posts