What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test India v England at Ahmedabad, March 4-8 2021

undertaker

Coach
With India now having a 2-1 series lead and only requiring a draw to qualify for the WTC final, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the curators prepare a flat track designed (like what happened in 2007 the last time Pakistan played test cricket in India. After India won the first test, the last 2 tests were high-scoring flat tracks where both teams scored runs with consummate ease) to nullify any chance of England's bowlers taking 20 wickets.

As much as Axar and Ashwin have been India's two dominant bowlers over the past couple of tests, India won't want to run the risk of giving Leach/Root/Bess something in the pitch to work with.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With India now having a 2-1 series lead and only requiring a draw to qualify for the WTC final, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the curators prepare a flat track designed (like what happened in 2007 the last time Pakistan played test cricket in India. After India won the first test, the last 2 tests were high-scoring flat tracks where both teams scored runs with consummate ease) to nullify any chance of England's bowlers taking 20 wickets.

As much as Axar and Ashwin have been India's two dominant bowlers over the past couple of tests, India won't want to run the risk of giving Leach/Root/Bess something in the pitch to work with.

To top if off, temperatures look like very high 30s for the whole test LOL

India win toss and bat, then poms are cooked. Unless They can miraculously get 5-6 wickets with the new ball in the first hour LOL

If Poms are in bed with India like we are, then they probably wont be going all out for a win in those conditions. I think they would be just as happy with a draw, Which to be fair may be their only realistic result

undertaker

Coach
England won the toss and are batting first in the series decider.

England lose yet another wicket to a straight ball from Axar Patel.

1/10 in the 6th over.

undertaker

Coach
Bairstow & Stokes forming a solid partnership and have cranked up the run-rate, courtesy of a few boundaries.

3/72

jargan83

Coach
I'm just surprised a bowler that isn't a spinner not only got to bowl, but took a wicket.

TheParraboy

Staff member
That lbw of Barstow was laughable

just brushed the pad and well over the stumps to keeper, giving out lbw lol

That lbw of Barstow was laughable

just brushed the pad and well over the stumps to keeper, giving out lbw lol

images

1457022245-3-Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas-quotes.gif