What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Ways to Improve Wrestling

redvscotty

First Grade
Stable should have a Tag team, an enforcer, a small guy and the CHAMP.

Big Cass, Enzo and Carmella would be perfect in a stable. Not sure who you would add in though.

Big Cass, Enzo and Carmella would be perfect in a stable. Not sure who you would add in though.

Nunzio + Tony Mamaluke :sarcasm:

I don't think you could really add anyone to their gimmick since you would need to add talents who would be above them in the pecking order. Stables for me are always built around a top guy/guys.

Bulldog Force

Referee

You mentioned Carmella - I think that's good, a chick wrestler in the group Reminds me of Chyna when was in DX and also the Corporation.

Going by your logic, this is how it would be:

Corporation:

Champ: The Rock
Tag Team: Ken Shamrock & Big Bossman
Enforcer(s): Test - later Kane Big Show
Small guy: There wasn't really one, but you can say Shane McMahon
Woman: Chyna

DX:

Champ: Triple H
Tag Team: NAO
Enforcer& Woman: Chyna
Small Guy: X Pac

redvscotty

First Grade
Nunzio + Tony Mamaluke :sarcasm:

I don't think you could really add anyone to their gimmick since you would need to add talents who would be above them in the pecking order. Stables for me are always built around a top guy/guys.

So you're saying they ditch Carmella and team up with Blue Pants and build around her?

Sold.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm playing around in EWR and have a faction that currently consists of:

Champ: AJ Styles
Enforcer: Samoa Joe
Tag Team: Daniels + Kazarian
Small Guy: Aries

The matches have been off the hook :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
The last stable I can remember that was more than 4 (not including the authority) was Straight Edge Society - Punk, Gallows, Serena Deeb (I wonder what ever happened to her), and Mercury.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Oh I don't know, how about feuds & characterisation of wrestlers that are engaging and entertaining (you know, the E of WWE?)... not too much to ask is it?

Stuff that makes sense within the context of the wrestlers involved in any given interaction, whether that be part of a current match or storyline, a cool little interaction backstage or reference during a promo or commentary that sews the seeds for further drama down the line (or progression on to other feuds).
Examples of how not to make sense or help the drama are stuff like Sting both accepting the nWo's help and shaking HHH's hand at Wrestlemania (after being snuffed by a unsportsmanlike sledgehammer), or Mizdow/Miz interaction from Royal Rumble onwards being screwed up (still annoyed they didn't have Miz / Mizdow in the Rumble at the same time with Miz getting eliminated and Mizdow feigning elimination but skinning the cat back in, massive big pop denied, though that whole Rumble was a screwup solikeyouknowwhatever).

Speaking of commentary, the above "entertaining & engaging" tagline applies here too - less corporate shilling and robotic emotional delivery of same old cliche lines (looking at you MAGGLE, with your vintage oh my yougottabekiddingmaaaay jibberjabber, the Ray Hadley of WWE) and more genuine commentary about WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE RING at any given time that makes the audience care (and informed) about what is going on in.
I know a lot of people hate JBL, but I like his references to wrestlers & events gone by, and his berating of MAGGLE is the only redeeming feature of Michael Cole in terms of my enjoyment (sure I can appreciate Cole may be the most professional commentator that ever lived in terms of toeing the company line, but he's way down the list as far as entertainment goes).

Less scraping-the-barrel humour, that is obviously Vince's pride and joy (I'm talking bodily functions and the like, your fart / poopy / spew / fat / ass~arse play). I love cheesy humour but cringeworthy bleerrgh humour isn't my scene.

A couple of pet hates in terms of the current TV presentation that I wish would go straight to DAMN HELL:
- ad breaks during matches, especially right at the start (entrants come out then ads AAAARGH). So annoying, even in the age of fastforwarding, there is still that break in the action that disrupts the flow.

- backstage vignettes cutting midway to those crane shots of the audience in attendance watching the vignette on the bigscreen (on average twice per segement). That REALLY grinds my gears, it's been happening for a few years now and it just takes me out of the promo every time as I have a silent rage for a few milliseconds.

- arrgh that'll do for now. I barely even watch the weekly shows these days (even with a one day delay on NZ TV it's hard not to avoid spoilers thus if a show doesn't sound particularly noteworthy I'll likely not watch it), and writing about this is making me frustrated about what is and what could be!

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
A couple of pet hates in terms of the current TV presentation that I wish would go straight to DAMN HELL:

- ad breaks during matches, especially right at the start (entrants come out then ads AAAARGH). So annoying, even in the age of fastforwarding, there is still that break in the action that disrupts the flow.

- backstage vignettes cutting midway to those crane shots of the audience in attendance watching the vignette on the bigscreen (on average twice per segement). That REALLY grinds my gears, it's been happening for a few years now and it just takes me out of the promo every time as I have a silent rage for a few milliseconds.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alien

Referee
5. NXT must go. What's the point of having a bunch of new wrestlers every season? Why not have them work behind the scenes in promotions like Ohio Valley or Florida Championship Wrestling to make their eventual WWE debut more mysterious rather than something that the fans see coming.

i have to disagree with this. i LOVE nxt

alien

Referee
That's something I agree with... so sick of the 3s... New Day, Wyatt Family, Shield, 3MB... have an army of sorts like the Corporation vs DX days. Heck even the JOB Squad was 5 members!

i know what you mean but i loved the wyatt family. i wish they kept that group together, with wyatt going for the singles titles, and harper and rowan staying as a tag team

i always felt the shield could have had a 4th member, and when they came out they could have had all 4 coming from different directions. i'm not sure who the 4th member would have been though...

steggz

Juniors
i liked it best when it was

Champ: Shawn Michaels
Tag Team: NAO
Enforcer/Big Guy: Triple H
Woman: Chyna
Small Guy: X Pac

Was it ever like this? I thought Outlaws only joined when HHH relaunched DX after Shaun's retirement

Champ: AJ Styles
Enforcer: Samoa Joe
Tag Team: Daniels + Kazarian
Small Guy: Aries

nice Mis, my stable witha TNA reboot is as follows

Da Rottweilers

Leader: Homicide
Big Man: Hernandez
Technical: Low Ki
Tag Team: Ricky Reyes and Rocky Remero
Manager: Julius Smokes

so its practically the ROH version, with Hernandez as their enforcer.

i know what you mean but i loved the wyatt family. i wish they kept that group together, with wyatt going for the singles titles, and harper and rowan staying as a tag team

i always felt the shield could have had a 4th member, and when they came out they could have had all 4 coming from different directions. i'm not sure who the 4th member would have been though...
The Shield, when originally pitched, was supposed to be Ambrose, Rollins, and Kassius Ohno. However, Reigns was seen as a better choice as an enforcer and Hero was seen as being "too fat".