What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50,000?

That many?

• Yes

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiger_nick

Bench
I'd be surprised if we got 50,000 to that game.

The Bulldogs antics won't exactly help the crowd for a Friday night. Plus Bulldogs fans know the Wests Tigers own them.

I'm predicting 35-40,000

ibeme

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
Plus Bulldogs fans know the Wests Tigers own them.

No doubt they've been a bogie side for us, and now they are true contenders, however this is all offset by the fact that we currently own the Telstra Cup, so Bulldogs fans will be there in droves if our season is on track.

Hindyscrack

Bench
29K to 32K tops

50K, dreaming..... would be good though, but dreaming..

-5K from last friday nights antics

Big Bunny

Juniors
25,000 to 32,000. I don't believe that the Tigers would contribute to the crowd figure in the way the dogs would, despite their good home crowds.

Enoughsaid

Juniors
Hard to see 50k turning up on a friday night game.... alot of ppl work and have kids to attend to..................
Also that's the beauty of playing at grounds that hold more than 447 people
People can make a decision on game day and still get a ticket and a decent viewing seat....

ByRd

First Grade
i reckon the crowd will be between 30-35000, it should be a good game.

hazmak

Juniors
it also depends on who's playing...

if its 2 FULLY FIT teams (which I HIGHLY doubt), then the game MIGHT fetch 40k

littleduck

Juniors
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
50,000 would make it the biggets 'club' game in the league states in 2005!
Obviously you haven't considered the possibilities for the Lang Park blockbuster on August 14th - Brisbane vs St George !!!

Saint Doc

Coach
IF the Dragons and Broncos both win this week, it will potentially be 1st vs 2nd or, more likely, 1st vs 3rd.

Will attract 45,000+ IMO.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
highly unlikely we will get there will 50,000 at the dogs vs tigers at telstra...

Even though this is more of battle of the southwest but considering the amount of tigers bandwagoners here in liverpool :lol: i could see we could have at least 25,000 there.

tiger_nick

Bench
I don't think people understand how big the Wests Tigers bandwagon is getting. At Shark Park the crowd was about 40% Tigers fans, no joke!

A guy at my work is an old Balmain fan who hasnt been to a live game in over 10 years, he went for the first time last Sunday.

My Dads best mate is a Magpies fan who rarely even watches the joint ventures games. He ALREADY has his tickets to the Cowboys game at Campbelltown.

About 40,000 is on the cards.

simon says

First Grade
Well said Nick.....I reckon at least 40k.If DOgs v Roosters got over 30,then I am sure wcan get way more than that.

And Im predicting that if we make the 8,that the crowd will be over 50k.A lot of people have been waiting a long time to see the Tigers make the 8...they will be there in force.

PS...ask the Sharks fans if we travel in numbers,and make some noise.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Enoughsaid said:
Hard to see 50k turning up on a friday night game.... alot of ppl work and have kids to attend to..................
Also that's the beauty of playing at grounds that hold more than 447 people
People can make a decision on game day and still get a ticket and a decent viewing seat....

Exactly!! Well said, ground consolidation the way of the future.

Latest posts