What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th ODI: England v Australia at Southampton: 16th Sept, 2013

vvvrulz

Coach
Well done Shane Waston, there is no doubt he has real ability.
Looking at the England scoreboard I see two run outs on nought!

vvvrulz

Coach
They also take the series 2-1, I think its fair to say they are a better side that the English one.

That English side is nowhere near the best team they could field and they still pushed us for most of the series.

We will definitely have our work cut out beating them for the Ashes back here. They have some great young talent coming through. We, on the other hand, look likely to be fielding a pace attack with Johnson as one of the spearheads.

God help us.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We looked better after spud Hughes got out, reasonable total- that said from where we were it should have been 340+ not 298. Bowled consistently, and was a solid win. That said England are a shocking ODI side.

Timbo

Staff member
England's first choice ODI squad would include Broad, Anderson, Swann, Bresnan, Bell and Cook. We should take that with several grains of salt.

vvvrulz

Coach
England's first choice ODI squad would include Broad, Anderson, Swann, Bresnan, Bell and Cook. We should take that with several grains of salt.

Even then I don't rate Cook, Bell and Bresnan much in limited overs. They're decent players but hardly world beaters. At full strength they probably have an edge over Australia but its not a huge one.