What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

TheParraboy

Staff member
Remember one thing folks

England still havent won a series down under since 86/87 :cool:

Plenty to play for

Punter will be out (pinky problem). Khawaja will come in, and a new captain Clarke?

Hope Okeefe or even Swann from QLd come in as the spinner, both have had brilliant domestic FC seasons unlike Beer

Cameron/Copeland to come in for Harris/hilfy??

Hope the barmy army wear pink on day 3 :D

1. Marsh
2. Hughes
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Watson
7. Haddin
8. O'Keefe
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Cameron/Pattinson

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Wonder if England will play two spinners? I don't reckon they should, stick with Bresnan, Anderson, Tremlett and Swann.

Matt23

Staff member
1. Jaques
2. Hughes
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Watson
7. Haddin
8. O'Keefe
9. Johnson
10. Siddle
11. Copeland/Pattinson
12. Khawaja

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jaques is struggling to hold a spot in the Blues team.

There wont be any changes other than Punter out if he is injured,

Beer will play, Harris out and maybe Dougy added to the squad but he'll probably be the drink waiter.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just a hunch I think Ponting will be out of the test, official line will be his pinky isnt right

In that case is Clarke assumed as the captain?

beads6

First Grade
I'd love to see wholesale changes to the team for the 5th test but I can't see it happening. I can see a review coming after the series is complete though which will most likely see Punter pushed and hopefully a new coach at the helm.

TheParraboy

Staff member
so can we expect the only change to be Beer in for Harris?

that sounds kinda depressing

Matt23

Staff member
The "review" will be nothing more then sugar coating, little or nothing will be done, but on the bright side Hilditch is gone after the world cup, hopefully other's go as well, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
the "review" will be that players are hurting *sniff* and want a chance to redeem themselves *double sniff*, so selectors in all their wisdom decide to name an unchanged lineup (Beer for Harris in the 11)

Matt23

Staff member
This was there chance to redeem themselves...most of them played in The Oval test last year...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
News reports suggest if Ponting plays, he will drop down the order to 4, Clarke to 5 and Khwaja will come in at 3.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That was Punter's suggestion last night on Foxsports, makes a bit of sense to boost the batting although it weakens the spin bowling options that are needed on the SCG.

Having Smith and Beer available gives us two spinning options, albeit not very good ones.

aussies1st

Staff member
This would be the perfect time to use the 'local ground knowledge' reason to pick O'Keefe.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If there are to be any changes, I'd bring Khwaja in for Harris, O'Keefe in for Smith and Bollinger in for Johnson.

1 - Watson
2 - Hughes
3 - Khwaja
4 - Ponting
5 - Clarke
6 - Hussey
7 - Haddin
8 - O'Keefe
9 - Siddle
10 - Hilfenhaus
11 - Bollinger
12th - Beer