What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test Australia vs England @ Hobart 14-18 Jan 2022

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Marcus harris ends up being the reserve batsman in the sub-contintent he can thank for not being picked in hobart.

Our next ashes test is 18 months away but gee the opening positions are a concern.

Warner opening in England 2023 will be a disaster he struggled when he was at his peak let alone the fact he will be 36 next year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I had to turn the telly off and went down the pub when Warnie started talking about Welcome Back Kotter and Epstein's Mum, f**k me that guy is a dick.

Gotta give a huge wrap to Head, he really is maturing into a class act, when I saw him walking to the crease I thought he'd be fodder and he'd be slashing at everything outside off till he knicked one, but f**k me he showed some maturity in his shot selection. Big ups to him.

And f**k me Green makes my pants tight, runs and wickets and he's only 22. He is going to be a huge asset for us as he gains more experience. He is a rare talent.

some11

Referee
Labs, head and green good innings.

What has happened to Smith - is the hunger gone? Gotta wonder if he'll pull the pin soon. He said he wants to win in India and England before he retires, must be absolutely frustrating to dominate two of those series and not get the result (f**k you paine).

He'll get another chance at both in '23.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Gotta give a huge wrap to Head, he really is maturing into a class act, when I saw him walking to the crease I thought he'd be fodder and he'd be slashing at everything outside off till he knicked one, but f**k me he showed some maturity in his shot selection. Big ups to him.

To be honest, I thought he's score a run-a-ball 40. Proved me wrong. It may not have been as patient and measured as Khawaja in Sydney, but he did what you needed a #5 to do, even if in his own way.

Meth

Staff member
Australia are obviously going to look to score as many as they can here. This pitch is quite like some of the pitches that you get in NZ, I think, and I think 350 is a pretty good first innings score. Anything north of 300 will be a good result