What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 Aside Touch League

LoganRL1988

Juniors
Entering A 7 aside Touch Rugby league comp and looking for interested players. playing out out of Meakin park, slacks creek starting on 28 June. More fun than normal touch footy.

KumulRaider

Juniors
whats the difference..I dont like 7 a side touch that much..need more flowing of ball and stepping and kick on the 5th would be good as well as allowing one marker..dont have RL tough just standard touch here in Cairns..so would be interested in starting something like that up here..

Serc

First Grade
Just found this thread...I am one of Kickit's refs (and play a small part in organising it), so happy to field any questions :)

I'll be at the Meakin Rd comp as well, quite excited about it actually as its only 10 mins from my place! And will be playing in the mixed comp in a mates team :D

whats the difference..I dont like 7 a side touch that much..need more flowing of ball and stepping and kick on the 5th would be good as well as allowing one marker..dont have RL tough just standard touch here in Cairns..so would be interested in starting something like that up here..

In this version you can kick on any touch, with no markers. In our experience we've found that you retain the momentum that you can gain in traditional touch via no markers, but not a complete reliance on boring scoots from dummy half, as at least half the tries scored are with a kick involved at some point. Feel free to swing them an email if you like - kickittouch@bigpond.com

looking for a couple of blokes to play out of the shaw road, wooloowin comp. starts July 1

If you haven't had any success yet, you can contact the organisers via that email. I know they're always happy to help people set up teams, and help everyone from one person on their own to teams that already have 4 or 5 players.

Is it one hand or 2 hand touch.

One :)

BDH

Juniors
Have you guys ever played Oztag?

Best football game besides league proper IMO.

http://www.qldoztag.com.au/

If anyone is interested in joining a team or are currently in a team at Bray Park, North Lakes, Wooloowin or Grange PM me.

Serc

First Grade
Meakin Rd comp now starting July 12, so you've now got yourselves an extra two weeks to get a team together!

KumulRaider

Juniors
Hey serc thanks for the email and info!
Hope the Knights do better..my fave player atm from the Knights would probably be Zeb Taia..just like his hole running strength and lines he runs..

Serc

First Grade
No worries :)

We're slowly getting there...love Zeb too, would love him to get back to his 09 form, doing exactly what you described!

LoganRL1988

Juniors
Hi packy sorry i have to do it this way as I havent yet made enough post to send private messages. The games will be played at different times dont know all of them yet as the draw for round one only has beeen released.

Serc

First Grade
I hear we now have 8 teams (though only 6 listed on the draw on the website currently), so a good amount of teams to get started with!

I am playing in The Predators, see you all there on Monday - bring it on :D