What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8 Point Try / 4 Point Conversion

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think most people will agree that the new 2-point field goal was a solid innovation for the game; it is risky and difficult enough that it wont be over-used but it is just enough of a chance to keep games alive in the last few minutes. With that in mind, I want to see one more change to the points scoring...

After a try is scored, instead of a kick at goal, teams should be able to elect to pack a scrum 10m out and have ONE tackle to score a second try worth 4 points (altogether, an 8 point try).

This would mean that close games arent finished with a 7 or 8 point lead (Try + field goal / Penalty goal). We can give the trailing team the slightest hope to come back to win/level the scores. It would also give coaches a reason to come up with some weird set-plays of the scrum.

So, yeh, lets bring in the 8 Point Try / 4 Point Conversion.......

T-Boon

Coach
I dont know. I feel like I would want to watch what happends during that play whereas currently the 90 second conversion break with one guy kicking a rugby kick exactly the same as everyone else is a great chance to dash off to the bath room.

This Year?

Immortal
After a try is scored, the captain should from both teams have a scissors paper rock contest with the winning team to take the conversion.
A contested conversion would blow PVL's mind and his jocks and give the betting agencies huge headaches.

T-Boon

Coach
If people ask themselves why they don’t watch rugby one of the answers they give is too much goal kicking not enough running. Less goal kicking is not a terrible idea.

moffla

Bench
Goal kickers should have the option to use a special helium filled ball to take the ball back 100 metres for a 100 point conversion. But they only get to use this option if their left winger passes to their hooker who scores under the posts. Would be a game changer