What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

90s or 00s which generation was better?

T-Boon

Coach
watch the passing ability of the halves, especially early 90’s, they couldn’t pass to their right let along a spiral to their right. Half the time Wally Lewis would have to stop and pivot anti clockwise to throw a ball to his right with any power.

I disagree with this, they could pass fine to the right. It is true though that they did not spiral the ball probably because it was this old leathery thing (or if it wasnt they grew up on an old leathery ball). But all told they were much better passes in terms of having vision and doing things off the top of the head. Players can barely draw and pass now.

mozza91

Coach
You’re not wrong the early 2000’s were top shelf. 2005 is one of my favourite years of footy and my team ran last.

It was a great little period where we had great athletes playing what’s in front of them rather than great athletes playing to a structure.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
You’re not wrong the early 2000’s were top shelf. 2005 is one of my favourite years of footy and my team ran last.

It was a great little period where we had great athletes playing what’s in front of them rather than great athletes playing to a structure.
We had the great Brett firman

Vic Mackey

Referee
The players right now are twice the athletes they have ever been. I like the 90's for nostalgic reasons but the quality of football was better in the 00's compared to the 90's.
The rule changes of this decade like shoulder charge ban, and the punch rule coupled with the low risk coaching and media scutiny has detracted from the game as a product of entertainment in recent times.

Better athletes doesn’t mean better players. A guy like Daniel Vidot wouldn’t have got near first grade in the early 90s.

beave

Coach
I liked the 00's better cos Saints didn't lose any grand finals that decade.

images

Iafeta

Referee
The 90s and 00s were similar, except in the 90s super teams were dominant and there were some teams making up the numbers. The 00s seemed more even I guess because of the salary cap.

Just saw a YouTube video of 1991. They were tough too. Seen a video of Danny Peacock with a dislocated hip. His leg is fair dinkum facing the other way. Rabs is commenting with an “oh my god” and there was no put on with that reaction. Sickening stuff.

Don Is Good

Juniors
90’s for the quality of the games. But not for my team.

And wtf is going on with the original op’s name? He can’t be serious surely?