What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

91 v 03 v 21

Fangs

Coach
Too early but I don't care.

I watched 91 and 03 today. 91 were ferocious in defence. 03 on the day were good but in attack sublime that year.

21 great attack but faltered in the second half of the year. Their D unbelievable when it mattered.

Munky

Coach
Our team was busted and still win a premiership.

I thought we were farked after the first week of the finals

I had us no chance against the Storm. I thought Souths would do us on fatigue and health.

Better win than 03 for me, Sticky is a spud who f**ked his bench usage and Bennett a legend.

In 03 Colin Ward was a first teamer who couldn't make the finals squad due the team being in perfect health.

The 21 squad were busted and couldn't string a pass together. Yet they won based on perfect defensive structures

I just started primary school in 91 and my memory is shoddy, that said after watching the condensed highlughts on YouTube that 91 side was awesome in both phases and had to be to beat that Raiders side.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
This year was a machine, a dominant system that as a whole could not be beaten or broken, only temporarily lucked through but on a long enough timeline would have beaten everyone. 2003 was built on absolute belief, lightning in a bottle, right time right place right amount of youth that didn’t know how to lose. The coach leant into it perfectly, doesn’t f**king matter how many they score, we’ll score more.

I was too young for 91 to get a good grasp of the season and GF.

mxlegend99

Referee
This one for mine was probably the most impressive as we worked so hard to be the best and we were destroying teams until the halfway point where all the luck of a clean bill of health the prior 18 months kind of vanished.

By the time finals hit we were busted. Had guys unable to train and the points we once piled on just weren't flowing. Yet on pure determination to win we grinded our way to 3 wins by 2 points to be the premiers.

Our f/a for the finals is 0. Remarkable just how tough all 4 games were with a busted side. Nathan was incredible with his kicking game setting us upto grind away in these games. Last night especially. Nearly every kick was inch perfect to put pressure on Souths and limit what they could throw at us.we couldnt match it with them if it was a points fest.

Pugzley

Welp, based on our records, we’re due again in 2033!!!! :Starts planting grapes for the champagne for 2033:

pantherz9103

First Grade
While 1991 was well deserved for a team who had been building for a few years and 2003 was a fairytale from a team that played with nothing lose, in some ways 2021 is Penrith's most impressive premiership. Somehow we managed to win 3 low scoring slug fest sudden death games including a Grand Final after losing a final! Also doing this with half of the team seemingly carrying some kind of injury. I never would have expected this from a Penrith team or any team really, yet they pulled it off!

mxlegend99

Referee
This team will get another one before that....surely?
This might sound weird. But I look forward to having no expectation on us next year and being able to just cruise through the season finishing wherever we finish. After last year it felt like everyone was just waiting to stick the boot into us. So much pressure as apparently without a premiership you can't enjoy winning games and scoring tries.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
This might sound weird. But I look forward to having no expectation on us next year and being able to just cruise through the season finishing wherever we finish. After last year it felt like everyone was just waiting to stick the boot into us. So much pressure as apparently without a premiership you can't enjoy winning games and scoring tries.

Yeah, as I have already mentioned that I think there will be some drop off next season now that the prime motivation has been dispelled; it will be interesting to see how we handle it as a club.

The_Frog

First Grade
I just started primary school in 91 and my memory is shoddy, that said after watching the condensed highlughts on YouTube that 91 side was awesome in both phases and had to be to beat that Raiders side.
The Raiders were busted in the '91 GF too. Daley, Lazarus and Stuart were all carrying injuries. Like the '21 Panthers they were still able to perform but in the end lost to a better side.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I don't know how to judge each. Each had it's own merit.

91 I was 11
03 I was 23
21 I am 41

Age is a factor too with different View points. But right now I am very happy. Covid is the only downer that we couldnt be there

Iamback

Coach
Too early but I don't care.

I watched 91 and 03 today. 91 were ferocious in defence. 03 on the day were good but in attack sublime that year.

21 great attack but faltered in the second half of the year. Their D unbelievable when it mattered.

Alot of the issues with attack. Comes down to busted players in key positions.

This squad was the strongest across the comp even busted defence was too good

GongPanther

Referee
This one for mine was probably the most impressive as we worked so hard to be the best and we were destroying teams until the halfway point where all the luck of a clean bill of health the prior 18 months kind of vanished.

By the time finals hit we were busted. Had guys unable to train and the points we once piled on just weren't flowing. Yet on pure determination to win we grinded our way to 3 wins by 2 points to be the premiers.

Our f/a for the finals is 0. Remarkable just how tough all 4 games were with a busted side. Nathan was incredible with his kicking game setting us upto grind away in these games. Last night especially. Nearly every kick was inch perfect to put pressure on Souths and limit what they could throw at us.we couldnt match it with them if it was a points fest.
I have us at plus 2. We need someone next year, or a different tact as far as attack is concerned.