What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_

Coach
Twiz it was one of the poorer derbies in recent history.

2 attempts on goal certainly didn't help your mob. I think Lehmann maybe touched the ball 4 or 5 times!

Both teams didn't play overly well.

I haven't read a match report from season ticket holders yet that lists the chants from during the game... But I have to say I enjoyed "Are you T*tt*nh*m in disguise" that belted out loud and clear on the tv at some stage near the 80th minute :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
I really hope you guys beat Porto, because these dudes are champing at the bit to knock you out

78917.jpg

BastiNews.jpg

wie_lange_jubelt_roy_makaay_noch_fuer_bayern.jpg

Macca_

Coach
:lol:

Could both still finish top of the groups though and avoid a meeting next round...

I'll take a point right now to secure our spot and worry about the draw later.

We're due a change of luck with the draws though... Haven't drawn a home tie in either of the domestic cups. Next up is the scousers away in both of them!

fish eel

Immortal
Macca_ said:
Could both still finish top of the groups though and avoid a meeting next round...

I'll take a point right now to secure our spot and worry about the draw later.

We just need a point at home tomorrow morning v Inter to top our group - but we've been quite poor and dropped 2 points at home on the weekend against an average Gladbach side so I'm not overly confident.

MONY

Juniors
It would be a lot better if this thread had some sort of password protection on it that only allowed Arsenal fans to post, some of the sh*t I read here is just absolute garbage (skeepe)

Macca_

Coach
But then our sp*d friends couldn't join the party :D

They may see the wrongs of their ways if they hang about and may turn to the good side of the ditch :lol:

Mad Dogg

Juniors
The YouTube videos above are the first time I've seen the goals.

The first goal is fine. The defender up the top is keeping Adebayor onside.

The second one was not a penalty for me. Chimbonda gets the ball before the player (there's not even much contact in the challenge). Technically the pull back is a foul, but it happens every game and is never penalised in the penalty area unless it's much more aggressive than what Chimbonda did. Dive.

With the third one, it is obviously a foul in the box, but van Persie clearly handballs it before then so it should not have got that far. Not a dive.

Macca_

Coach
On the second one the pull back is as you say a foul. And it should be given in the box as it's an attempt to stop a goal scoring opportunity. He then gets leg and ball.

On the 3rd one, there's also a pull back which is why Van P ends up with his arm up high thus handling (was accidental). Couldn't have complained if a free kick was given outside the box, which we'd have put into the top corner anyway.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Technically yes, it (the second goal) should have been a penalty as he was pulled back. But there seems to be two different outcomes to that situation. If the pull is so strong that it actually knocks the player completely out of stride then it is given as a penalty. But if, as in this case, it just slows them down a little and gets the defender back onto level ground it is almost never given. It happens many times every game, all over the field, and more often than not it's play on.

And the contact on the leg was after the ball had been won (or simultaneous at best, which is play on) and was very weak.

Van Persie actually stuck his arm out to stop the defender getting in front of him at the same time as the defender reached out to grab him. This arm was then, possibly accidental but I don't think it was, the one which struck the ball. Seeing as Van Persie certainly deliberately threw out his arm, whether the actual ball contact was deliberate or not doesn't matter. Well actually, if it was deliberate then he should've got a yellow, but either way it is still a Spurs freekick.

My opinion anyway.

Macca_

Coach
See that's where the challenge from behind rule is misread so much. It does not matter if you get the ball or not once you bring a player down. If you challenge from behind and get the man aswell it's a foul. The same leg that got ball also touched Rosicky. So it's a foul every time. The pull back should be pulled up. It's the rules, yes it's let go plenty, but not sure why it should be let go if it's an attempt to stop a goal.

No chance of a sp*ds free kick on the 3rd one. No way Van P was trying to handle that ball and the sp*d coming across makes the contact at the same time he does.

Anyways, they didn't get near Arsenal in any part of the game and had a massive total of 2 shots on goal.

Arsenal should have had a penalty in the 5th minute for the foul on Ljungberg, then Adebayor was pulled up when onside for a one on one and he was also pulled up for a trip that was a result of the sp*d player running across his line. He would have been one on one again. So luckily for T*tt*nh*m, Poll missed those ones or the score could have been a tad more embarrising :D

It makes the victory that little bit sweeter when the sp*ds feel hard done by :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Looks like Tez is out till the new year (6 weeks). Big Ad, Van P and the Beast to lead the attack till then. Hopefully the rest does him good and he finds his form when he comes back.

And a must have wallpaper -
tottenham02122006_1024.jpg

Macca_

Coach
All starting to look a lot better on the injury front.

Gallas is a chance to play against Porto, defo back for Chelsea which we need as Toure is suspended.

Flamini missed the sp*ds with a calf problem. Nothing major.

Only other 2 are Lauren and Diaby. They'll both be back in the new year with Henry.

Hoping Diaby comes back well. He looked a real promising player to that disgraceful challenge against Sunderland put him out.

skeepe

Immortal
OK, so Chimbonda slightly pulled him back. Rosicky still dived. Chimbonda at no stage got his leg.

Oh and Van Persie should have been at least booked for a deliberate handball.

1-0 Arsenal, giving benefit of the doubt to the Adebayor goal.

Doesn't change the fact that Arsenal are cheating scum. Rosicky is scum.

And more cheating cheating Arsenal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gY85WvPrhc

Macca_

Coach
Macca_ said:
All starting to look a lot better on the injury front.

Gallas is a chance to play against Porto, defo back for Chelsea which we need as Toure is suspended.

Flamini missed the sp*ds with a calf problem. Nothing major.

Only other 2 are Lauren and Diaby. They'll both be back in the new year with Henry.

Hoping Diaby comes back well. He looked a real promising player to that disgraceful challenge against Sunderland put him out.
Can add Rosicky to the list. He misses the game against Porto.

Doesn't mention it's anything major - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=205516&cc=3436

A draw will do, but a win would be nice to avoid those nervous final minutes :lol:

Macca_

Coach
skeepe, you'll get over it one day (maybe).

And no, Liverpool have no cheating players at all :lol:

Mony, I believe you were right sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts