What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
To all that don't have a club to support,

Sick of scummy supporters of clubs like Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United? At Arsenal we don't have dickheads like them
We have well respected personalities such as:

* Macca_
* Dragooner
* Stonecutter
* NK Arsenal (myself)
* Kiwishark
* CC_Eagle
* ..And more! Twizzle secretly loves Arsenal!

Queen Elizabeth is even a fan of the mighty gunners!
The easiest way to meet up with other gooners is by entering this thread, which is the biggest ever thread in the Soccer section with over 3800 posts. You may be thinking "I prefer quality over quantity" but in our thread you will get both!
Another reason to come in the LU Arsenal Brigade is because of the Pride of North London's proud history as well as our great current and former players such as:

* Thierry Henry
* Patrick Vieira
* Tomas Rosicky
* Cesc Fabregas
* Tony Adams
* Ian Wright
* Robin van Persie
* Fredrik Ljungberg
* Martin Keown
* Dennis Bergkamp
* Pat Rice
* Kolo Toure
* David O'Leary

We are also in the process of developing world class players such as Kieran Gibbs, Carlos Vela, Havard Nordtveit and Nicklas Bendtner.
You shouldn't forget the legendary Managers we have had like Herbert Chapman and God (Arsene Wenger), who is our current Manager for at least another three seasons (after this one).
We've also played at three world class stadia, the two stand-outs being Highbury (1913-2006) and Emirates Stadium (2006-present).
We are easily the biggest football club in London, beating Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers and the Tootenham Spews.
Membership costs just a single post in the LU Arsenal Brigade saying "I love Arsenal!" or similar. You will then be given a sig (free of charge) made by photoshop expert stone_cutter which shows your support.

Arsenal Forever! :D

GFP

Last edited by a moderator:

MONY

Juniors
GK - Lehmann
LB - Gallas
CB - Toure
CB - Senderos
RB - Eboue
LM - Rosicky
CM - Julio Baptista
CM - Fabregas
RM - Ljungberg
LF - Adebayor
RF - Henry

SB - Almunia
SB - Djourou
SB - Van Persie
SB - Gilberto
SB - Walcott

The Devil

Bench
MONY said:
GK - Lehmann
LB - Gallas
CB - Toure
CB - Senderos
RB - Eboue
LM - Rosicky
CM - Julio Baptista
CM - Fabregas
RM - Ljungberg
LF - Adebayor
RF - Henry

SB - Almunia
SB - Djourou
SB - Van Persie
SB - Gilberto
SB - Walcott

Like the look of your team, but i'd personally replace Adebayor with Van Persie. Also our mids are also quite attacking, and missing an anchor in the midfield - Gilberto. Not to mention Eboue does like to run the flanks as Cole did, so an anchor mid is essential.

But on paper that would be out strongest team.

Phillips

Referee
Lehmann​

Lauren - Toure - Gallas - Clichy​

Gilberto​

Hleb - Fabregas - Baptista - Rosicky​

Henry​

Subs

Almunia - Senderos - Eboue - Walcott - Van Persie

aslong as theres no Hoyte :x​

MONY

Juniors
The Devil said:
Like the look of your team, but i'd personally replace Adebayor with Van Persie. Also our mids are also quite attacking, and missing an anchor in the midfield - Gilberto. Not to mention Eboue does like to run the flanks as Cole did, so an anchor mid is essential.

But on paper that would be out strongest team.

Yeah I see you point about Van Persie. I just think that Adebayor's aerial dominance is needed because we all know Henry is woeful with his head (only scored something like 4 goals in his career at Arsenal). Julio Baptista can also play the defensive midfield role as his strong build is the aggression Arsenal need in the middle. (aka Viera)

I just wish Arsene would change his style of play so that the Midfield can attack and blast some shots from distance. Henry is looked to far too much and we need Rosicky and Baptista to show some balls and smack them from distance instead of passing the ball 846 times before shooting a Nwanko Kanu type effort straight to the keeper.

Personally I want a new (young) Keeper. Someone who is world class potential. I remember we were linked with Tomo Hildebrand but instead signed Lehmann. I think we also need some more big name defenders. I'm not a fan of Lauren or Eboue and to a lesser extent Djourou and Hoyte.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Phillips said:
Lehmann​

Gilberto​

Henry​

Subs

Almunia - Senderos - Eboue - Walcott - Van Persie​
That's how I see Arsenal's strongest 11 also. Considering the main reason Gallas forced his way out of Chelsea was that they wouldn't play him in the central defence (despite him being infinitely better than Carvalho), I really can't see him playing left back for Arsenal, particularly when Clichy is a better left back than Senderos is a centreback.

Baptista is the interesting one. I see him playing both in the midfield and partnering Henry upfront, depending on the opposition and the form of their other players.

Those two signings have turned Arsenal back into contendors in my eyes. Gallas will improve their defence big time (having Clichy in place of Cole won't be a big loss), and Baptista gives them that physical prescense that they haven't had since Vieira left. They still have the least depth out of the big four, particularly in defence, but their starting 11 is now back on roughly equal footing.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Phillips said:
Lehmann​

Gilberto​

Henry​

Subs

Almunia - Senderos - Eboue - Walcott - Van Persie​

aslong as theres no Hoyte :x​

What an awesome team, that would be by far our strongest.
Post of the thread!

The Devil

Bench
MONY said:
Yeah I see you point about Van Persie. I just think that Adebayor's aerial dominance is needed because we all know Henry is woeful with his head (only scored something like 4 goals in his career at Arsenal). Julio Baptista can also play the defensive midfield role as his strong build is the aggression Arsenal need in the middle. (aka Viera)

I just wish Arsene would change his style of play so that the Midfield can attack and blast some shots from distance. Henry is looked to far too much and we need Rosicky and Baptista to show some balls and smack them from distance instead of passing the ball 846 times before shooting a Nwanko Kanu type effort straight to the keeper.

Personally I want a new (young) Keeper. Someone who is world class potential. I remember we were linked with Tomo Hildebrand but instead signed Lehmann. I think we also need some more big name defenders. I'm not a fan of Lauren or Eboue and to a lesser extent Djourou and Hoyte.

I responded to the exact post of yours in the Gunners v City thread about not taking a long range shot. Rosicky will need to back himself and score himself some pearlers we saw against USA.

Aerial dominance isn't something that we really need, since we lack an out and out winger to supply crosses. Ljunberg is a right mid, but not much of a winger. Walcott is really the only other player who plays on the flanks. Baptista, Hleb, Rosicky are all more central mids.

Eboue is a player with a lot of potential and is well on his way of reaching it. I'd personally take him over Lauren any day. Eboue isn't afraid to charge up the flanks ala Cole, but for what he lacks in speed he makes up in strength at holding the ball and releasing his LM/RM

--------------------------------Lehmann-----------------------------

Lauren----------------Toure---------------Gallas---------------Eboue

------------------------------Fabregas------------------------------

----------Ljunberg---------------------------------Rosicky----------

-----------------------------Van Persie-----------------------------

--------------------Adebayor-----------------Henry-----------------

Bench: Almunia, Senderos, Flamini, Gilberto, Hleb, Baptista, Walcott

Fabregas isn't playing a defensive midfielder role as such, he's more playing a link between the backline and the forwards. It's too hard to fit all these players into only 11 positions.. couldn't find positions for Baptista, Hleb and Gilberto.

Macca_

Coach
It depends on the opposition, like it does for most clubs with squad depth.

Couple of points.

* Clichy when fit will be left back.
* Gilberto will play that holding role in front of the back 4. Has to!
* Toure will be first choice centre back.
* Henry picks himself as does Lehmann.
* Fabregas can play on the right as well as central and picks himself.

Rest of the side depends on injuries and opponents.

Right back - Eboue/Lauren
Centre back - Gallas/Senderos

Midfield depends on the system for that day. 2 need to join Fab/Gil if we play 2 strikers or 3 need to join in an attacking way if only Henry up top by himself.

Good to have some options.

The Devil

Bench
aqua_duck said:
I thought Eboue was exclusively right sided?
Personally I don't rate Baptista

Well thats what i thought, but the role he plays is like that of Cole and I'd give him a go at the left back position. I don't really like Baptista either, but Wenger must see something in him. He's a decent/good player.. but i don't really like anyone who's played for Real.

Macca_

Coach
Not sure why you'd want to play a right sided player down the left. I don't think I've seen him kick one ball with his left foot. All a defensive player would have to do is show him the left touch line and his go forward is severely nullified. Add to that we have Clichy (who most people who watch the reserves etc) believe was going to take Coles place in a few seasons anyway. Once he's fit, he'll slot straight in at left back.

On Baptista, he was a revelation at Sevilla. Then when he went to Madrid he was always playing out of his natural position (from what I've read). He simply didn't suit the style they were playing with the players they had there. He'll fit in well at Arsenal and will offer them plenty once he settles in. Wenger also has a good eye for talent and he was wanting the Beast for a number of seasons.

The Devil

Bench
We've got 2 EPL standard right backs and we've just sold our best left back. Why not trial Eboue there? It's not like Cole really made many crosses either, just ghosted the touchline and cut back inside.

But in saying that it would be a gamble but it's something i wouldn't mind experimenting. Another interesting battle is when Senderos comes back.. who will make way, if anyone?

Macca_

Coach
Lauren is injured as is Clichy. Both players likely to come back at similar times. Which means there will be no need to experiment with Eboue on the right... :D

You only had to watch the game vs Boro with Gallas playing left back. Every time he went down the flank he had to cut onto his right. You want your left back being able to take the defence on and get a ball in on his left. Eboue would be the same on the left. He always looks to be on his right foot when playing on the right side. He doesn't suit the left side.

A feature of Coles game was his overlapping runs through midfield and also into the box behind defenders. Eboue does it well on the right but as I've said, he's not a left sided player.

Right now it would be weakening one side to take a gamble on the other side. Eboue has been one player that has looked like creating something in attack down the right flank.

Clichy will be our left back come October. I'm sure if Wenger wants to take a gamble or experiment with Eboue, he will do so, but I wouldn't hold your breath :D

Macca_

Coach
Re Sendo, I think he will have to fight for his place back as will Lauren.

Back 4 will be - Eboue / Toure / Gallas / Clichy

Macca_

Coach
The future captain, about to sign up till 27!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=379099&cc=3436

Fabregas a Gunner for 8 more years

Cesc Fabregas is set to commit his long-term future to Arsenal.

The Spanish midfielder, 19, has gone from strength to strength since being brought into the first team during 2003 to become the Gunners' youngest player.

With more than 100 appearances under his belt, Fabregas is now an integral part of manager Arsene Wenger's long-term plans with the club ready to tie up the midfielder on an eight-year deal.

The Arsenal boss revealed: 'He will sign a new contract yes.

'Cesc [recently] signed a [new] contract that was agreed before with his initial contract.

'The real new contract is now.'

Wenger noted: 'Nineteen plus eight is 27. There are not many [longer contracts] - but when you are 19-years-old and are already a regular player in the team, I do not have a problem.

'It is a wonderful commitment from him and it is a reward for us because we brought him over at 16 years of age.'

Wenger quipped: 'It shows you can give them the culture of the club and there is no book involved.'

Fabregas told Radio Marca: 'Everything with my new contract is agreed and next week I will sign it.

'Seeing how much they have improved it shows how well they think I am progressing and it gives me the confidence to continue working under Arsene Wenger.

'He is one of the most important people I have come across in my career.'

MONY

Juniors
Eboue / Senderos / Toure / Gallas

Clichy and Djourou are rubbish imo... along with Hoyte

Macca_

Coach
MONY said:
Clichy and Djourou are rubbish imo... along with Hoyte
You can't be serious about Clichy??? Had Cole stayed it wouldn't have been long till Gael would have been threatening his spot in the starting 11. A couple of injury set backs haven't helped him, but in most peoples opinion (those that are season ticket holders) - Clichy is potentially better. He will be the left back when fit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts