What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 9 I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

Coach
So you're that dodgy ass ref...

f**k oath. I made some calls that had fellow ref's scratching their head. Just shows how awesome i am ;-).

Strip over the line = play on, concord-burwood takes it dead, so i rule concord-bwood drop out.

Apparently im the merkin who doesn't know the rules :?.

Martli

Coach
Apparently im the merkin who doesn't know the rules :?.

Reffing under-12s is one of those things that sounds easy when you read it, but when you think about it, the line I just quoted probably sums it up quite well--f**k dealing with biased parents living vicariously through their child.

Monk

Referee
was sitting on the hill at the dragons game at WIN tonight, shouted out GO THE WARRIORS, little dragons kid turned around and gave me a massive evil eyes stare and started whacking me with his inflatable finger... i said to my mates after the game, "that kid is going to start a riot one day".

Misanthrope

Staff member
f**k me. As the night goes on, I'm getting more and more pissed off at my girlfriend's stupid best friend. This 'emotional drama' she has having had better be pretty f**king serious to be depriving me of my only alone time with my girl all week :x

Stranger

Coach
Fire up bushy!!!!

Reffing under-12s is one of those things that sounds easy when you read it, but when you think about it, the line I just quoted probably sums it up quite well--f**k dealing with biased parents living vicariously through their child.

Definitely not an easy thing... Considering the bullsh*t you have to put up with to ref junior league its a no wonder they struggle to get Ref's. I mean, its definitely not worth the coin you earn to give up all your Sundays for about 16-20 weeks. Plus you need to have a quiet Saturday for all those weeks because its damn near impossible to ref with a hangover (i have done several times).

This sh*t you cop from the crowd/dealing with angry coaches/trainers... I think in the 3 years Ive been refereeing Ive definitely sent more trainers than players...

We even have the games video-taped and the coaches can complain... f**k me.

But at the end of the day i guess its just something i enjoy doing for some crazy reason.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Fire up bushy!!!!

Mate, you wait all week to see your girl and get a handful of hours with her, it's annoying. Especially since she spent all Friday and all Saturday with the friend who now desperately needs her.

Misanthrope

Staff member
TMI would be telling you positions, number of orgasms experienced, and the things we said to one another in the lead-up ;-)

McLovin

Staff member
I feel ya Stranger...

About 10 years ago, the old man was a ref. I tagged along as a 13 year old unregistered linesman. I could take it back then cos i really didn't give a rats. f**k i was an enforcing little merkin... Don't think i could do it anymore, not because i'd get intimidated, but because i'm a lazy lump with the fitness of a fatter Mark Tookey...

Monk

Referee
So did she cheat on you with him?

well. All my friends think she did. i however trusted her enough to let him stay there. next thing i know, all my friends are sending abusive text messages to her and himsaying "STOP CHEATING YOU s**t." etc, she calls me up and dumps me for not trusting her. after that we were trying to work it out. but little did i know she was lying to me and had started dating my friend the day after we broke up. i did not find this out till a week later after my mate told me.

A week or two later my friend was very drunk at a party so i took this oppertunity to ask him a few questions. as soon as i asked him "did she cheat on me with you" he ran away. so im thinking she did. But I have not confronted her about this incedent.

Monk

Referee
i still dont know. but my closest friends think she did. i guess i just trust people too much. Heaven knows how many other stories i could tell you.

ALSO.
she is very anti-cheat. she f**king hates cheatng etc. yet.

The guy she is dating has cheated on his past two girlfriends with not only women, but men. thats right, men.
He is a twig. well, bi.

BUT WAIT. it gets weirder. For her "birthday party" she and him arranged a "hook up night", whoever gets the most people to hook up with them on the night wins. even same gender. He asked me to hook up with him and i said "your f**king disgusting mate". f**king weirdest guy ever.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Well, from what I can gather it looks like she cheated on you with your mate, and now wants to cheat on her boyfriend with you.

Doesn't sound like a chick I'd wanna go out with to be honest.

Monk

Referee
however, she isnt as weird as her boyfriend. there are a lot more positive qualities about her then negative. Shes a great gal. most of the stupid ideas are her boyfriends.

Stranger

Coach
Monk, this bird seems like a looney...

I feel ya Stranger...

About 10 years ago, the old man was a ref. I tagged along as a 13 year old unregistered linesman. I could take it back then cos i really didn't give a rats. f**k i was an enforcing little merkin... Don't think i could do it anymore, not because i'd get intimidated, but because i'm a lazy lump with the fitness of a fatter Mark Tookey...

:lol:

Although i do love it when the players give you a spray.

This little bastard was in my ear all day about 3 weeks ago with the common "ohhh sir did you see that!!!!.... KNOCK ON SIR!!!!"
I stopped time called him out with his captain and asked him
"who's is reffing this game"
the sh*t trying to be a smart ass goes
"i am!"
My reply ;"good, see that bit of grass over there next to your bench? Ref from over there"

HAHAHAHAHAHA, bastard didn't say much from the sin-bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.