What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: Superthread 9 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't play golf to save myself...I can't get the cricket grip out of my system. I can belt the drives though lol

I can't play golf to save myself...I can't get the cricket grip out of my system. I can belt the drives though lol

It's tough. I played a lot of cricket myself up until a few years back and it does really affect your golf. I heard that Brian Lara taught himself to play golf with his off hand just so that it wouldn't affect his cricket. Plays off something like 2 or 3 as well. Freak!

If you can get over the difference in swing and grip, cricket actually sets a good platform for golf because you already will have a good sense of timing and how to move through the ball when you hit it. Reasonable Batsmen in general hit a long golf ball. Of course being long is only one small part of the game.

you're blind in one eye? :shock:

Was actually legally blind in both eyes for about 2 months. Had some strange genetic disorder. Thankfully I'm back to about 80% in one eye, cos I'm about 15% in the other. Being blind gives you a very interesting perspective on life. Luckily I got most of my sight back. I really feel for those people who don't.

As for depth perception, yeah mine is shot. This is why I went from a reasonable golfer to a poor one. I'm slowly learning ways to overcome this. Oztag has been a lot of fun. Copped a few passes straight in the mouth early on. Throw the ball straight to me and I'm good. Lob it at me and I'm shot.

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
kneed myself in the jaw while kicking a footy today :(

MONK PHAIL.

I did that when i was younger, split me open. I did it jumping off the top of the monkey bars. Feet landed on the ground, face landed on the knee...

I've also smacked myself in the nose at tennis trying to do one of those one handed power backhands...

Monk

Referee
nice to know my geniusness made you all feel good. i have no footage. just imagine a 15 years 362 days old boy kicking a footy, and his knee keeps going and smacks him in the jaw.

McLovin

Staff member
How the f**k do you knee yourself in the face kicking a ball from a standing position??

Dutchy

Immortal
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts