What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A 3-match Aus v NZ Test Series every two years - as big as the Bledisloe?

Wilson1

Juniors
If the ARL has any sort of ambition they will do this -

Game 1, 2011 Four Nations: Australia v NZ at ANZ Stadium in Sydney

This game has so much more potential than 10-15,000 in London. If the ARL can promote it properly this game has the potential to be massive.

If the Kiwis can get 45,000 in NZ and Sydney can get over 70,000 to preliminary finals anything is possible.

Given Sydney's reputation a big crowd would be unlikely. I thin it should be played in Brisbane or Melbourne.

I don't think Australia vs New Zealand in league could become bigger then it is in rugby. The Bledisloe is hardly a massive event, anyway. The large crowds come in because it in the tri nations not for the Bledisloe Cup.

hutch

First Grade
Well the Bledisloe got a crowd of 26k in hong kong you cant even get that at a kangaroos and kiwis game in sydney. Thats coming from someone who attends the Sydney tests when NZ is involved.

i have attended most kangaroos kiwis games in sydney over the last 10 years and i cant remember one getting less than 26k!

Latest posts