What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A dilemma: Random Thoughts about the Future of the Club

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
This year is gone
I am admitting so much even though we are still 1 point outside the top 8
It is now all about 2009

But I foresee a dilemma ...

I honestly believe, we can only go forward WITHOUT Hagan
If he is still coach next year I honestly believe we will be fighting to avoid the wooden spoon and not fighting for a premiership.
Now if we keep stumbling along this year and win a few more games and miss the eight by a few points Fitzy will come out with something like 'we only just missed the eight. We would've made the eight if we had luck on our side or if a few calls went our way or if the season was a few weeks longer. Hagan is safe in his job. 100% safe.'

But I can't support against my team even though to not win again this year may be the best thing, in the long term, for this club.

Cause if we don't win another game then surely something has to be done. Something or rather.

Although knowing Fitzgerald nothing would be done :x
And he still would come out and say 'Hagan's job is safe. 100% safe'

I HOPE Hagan can turn this team around
I KNOW Hagan cannot turn this team around
I HOPE Fitzgerald fires Hagan ass before the year is out
I KNOW Hagan will be coach for another year
I HOPE we return to a serious premiership threat next year
I KNOW we will be struggling (with the current team and coach)

Is it ever justifiable to hope your team loses?
That is my dilemma.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if any eels fans outh there considered a long term trip O/S, now is the time to do it, 2009...is definitely the year for eels fans to see the world and have a break from putting up with all this.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how much longer we wait till the board do something about this

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Even if Hagan does get the punt for next year the damage has been done. This year is finished IMO. We may as well start planning for 2009. Hopefully without Hagan in it.

TheRam

Coach
I mean lets look at the facts. In previous years DF had buckets of cash and still had trouble in trying to buy his way out of trouble, and constantly exposed his inabilities and sever short comings as a decent administrator. What chance are we now, when there is no cash to prop up and mask his deficient and weak ability as an effective CEO?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Even if Hagan does get the punt for next year the damage has been done. This year is finished IMO. We may as well start planning for 2009. Hopefully without Hagan in it.

You mean 2010.

Because even IF Hagan gets the punt for next year, he's still left us with a bunch of toiling robots in the forward pack and no money (allegedly) to do anything about it.

Sadly, 2009 will be much of the same - soft forwards, no sting in defence, and a couple of real good players in the backline who don't get anywhere near enough space to operate.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Is it ever justifiable to hope your team loses?
That is my dilemma.
Nah Mr. O, that's not the way. Hages will get the punt eventually, but as far as his contract goes I don't think losing every game for the rest of the season will make a difference one way or the other.

You've always gotta hope that your team wins, whether you or not like the coach, players or management. Fitzy has been p*ssing me off for 15 years, but that doesn't mean I don't want the Eels to win a premiership while he's in charge.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyone out there believing that our CEO will pay out a coach soon are going to be disappointed, big time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You mean 2010.

Because even IF Hagan gets the punt for next year, he's still left us with a bunch of toiling robots in the forward pack and no money (allegedly) to do anything about it.

Sadly, 2009 will be much of the same - soft forwards, no sting in defence, and a couple of real good players in the backline who don't get anywhere near enough space to operate.
True about 2010, But by giving KK, T Mannah or Brod Wright a run it may help us avoid the spoon in 2009.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And there is no way Hagan will walk, who the hell would be silly enough to give him another job first grade coaching job......... :roll:

Suitman

Post Whore
Another reason Denis would be reluctant to dismiss Hagan is that it would make Denis' own decision in the first place look bad.
Do you really think he'll readily come out and admit that he chose the wrong person??

Suity

Latest posts