What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few questions about the game... for Mario.

Should you be able to have quick play-the-balls?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think that it's that important, but it would be nice

• No, I don't think it's needed

• Total voters

devonuto

Juniors
1. Will there be oportunity to have quick play the balls, thus catching the defence off-side and perhaps making breaks? Otherwise it would seem kind of pointless that you can't get any sort of momentum going.

2. Will there be a number of set plays which you can call upon during play, or will the supporting players just do what they feel like?

3. Will there be banana kicks in play, like Joey?

4. Will there be a video ref? if not, will you be thinking of bringing this into the next update of the game?

5. Will you be able to grab a player and drag him towards the touch line before the ref calls held?

6. Will the controls be set up similar to the (PS2) rugby game eg. pass right: tap R1, cut-out pass right: double-tap R1, double cut-out: triple tap R1? if not, will you be able to change the controls, button by button to configure them how you like?

7. Will there be one on one strips? this could be extrmemely handy when a player is singled out, or you are defending your line, at a last ditch effort to stop a try.

8. Will you be able to attempt to hold-up players going for a try?

9. Will scrums be any more useful than they are in the real game?

10. Will there be half/full time wrap ups, including individual stats for best performing players, posession %, missed tackles, metres gained etc?

11. When the ball is grubbered into the in-goal, and you are defending, will there be an option to swat the ball over the dead ball line?

12. Will there be panalties for holding up play/slowing down the play-the-ball?

Well, I know I'm :twisted:, but I think these questions are important for the overall feel of the game, and without at least some of them, the game won't feel right, and won't play like a genuine RL game.

Well, anyway... these questions should keep u busy for a little while atleast. 8)

Mario

Juniors
devonuto said:
1. Will there be oportunity to have quick play the balls, thus catching the defence off-side and perhaps making breaks? Otherwise it would seem kind of pointless that you can't get any sort of momentum going.

Yes.

devonuto said:
2. Will there be a number of set plays which you can call upon during play?

No.

devonuto said:
3. Will there be banana kicks in play, like Joey?

Technically, yes.

devonuto said:
4. Will there be a video ref? if not, will you be thinking of bringing this into the next update of the game?

No. We couldn't add the videoref in a meaningful way.

devonuto said:
5. Will you be able to grab a player and drag him towards the touch line before the ref calls held?

No. But if you tackle from the right direction you can improve your chances of dragging people over the touchline.

devonuto said:
6. Will the controls be set up similar to the (PS2) rugby game eg. pass right: tap R1, cut-out pass right: double-tap R1, double cut-out: triple tap R1? if not, will you be able to change the controls, button by button to configure them how you like?

There are several button configurations on PS2, but you cannot customise them.

devonuto said:
7. Will there be one on one strips? this could be extrmemely handy when a player is singled out, or you are defending your line, at a last ditch effort to stop a try.

No. But the ball can be knocked loose in heavy tackles.

devonuto said:
8. Will you be able to attempt to hold-up players going for a try?

This happens automatically.

devonuto said:
9. Will scrums be any more useful than they are in the real game?

No. They are just as useless as they are in real life :)

devonuto said:
10. Will there be half/full time wrap ups, including individual stats for best performing players, posession %, missed tackles, metres gained etc?

Yes, there are stats.

devonuto said:
11. When the ball is grubbered into the in-goal, and you are defending, will there be an option to swat the ball over the dead ball line?

No.

devonuto said:
12. Will there be panalties for holding up play/slowing down the play-the-ball?

No.

devonuto said:
Well, anyway... these questions should keep u busy for a little while atleast. 8)

Busy? Ha! I am a question answering machine! :)

Matta

Juniors
How does intercepts work? It it just random or do you have to place the defender in between the players passing or is there a special button to attempt one. I'm guessing that the catching skill will decrease the chance of a knock-on but does it increase the chance of taking one if intercepts are random?

Mario

Juniors
Matta said:
How does intercepts work? It it just random or do you have to place the defender in between the players passing or is there a special button to attempt one. I'm guessing that the catching skill will decrease the chance of a knock-on but does it increase the chance of taking one if intercepts are random?

You have to be in the right place at the right time. You can position a defender for an intercept, but you have to bear in mind that may leave a gap in your defensive line.

Your catching skill does indeed affect the chance of an intercept.

kaon

Juniors
Maybe you already answered this question in the above questions where you said that you cannot get penalised but can you hold down in tackles?

I thought this was one of the best features in ARL 96 which allowed your team a little more time to organise the defence and then set up some huge hits.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yes definately, the more things they have in the game compared to the real one, more realistic which is better!

Latest posts