What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few suggestions from playing rugby 2005

Monkey

Juniors
I've been playing both Rugby 2005 and NRL lately, heres some good and bad points about rugby 2005

+ Being able to pass to forwards or back, seperate pass buttons.
+calling plays although doesnt work well enough in r2005
+Play seems to roll, players arent always back onside at the tackle
+using right analogue stick for sidesteps grubbers and fends
+running system is better, although needs more thought about stamina over distance

-Kicking system (matrix in nrl is much better)
-conversions are better style than NRL but seems a bit random if they miss or not
-having to go into sub menu's and save profile - autosaves are better

----
Other general rugby game points needed:

Easier indication about fitness, esp forwards.
Indicator of interchanges used
Chance to save/load team lineups

Matt M

Juniors
Rugby 2005, while not a brilliant game, is a very good basis for any rugby game (league or union). The controls work well and it feels a lot like rugby.

I actually much prefer the Rugby 2005 style kicking, I like the whole matrix style of Rugby League but it just didn't work well enough in my opinion.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think the matrix kicking was brilliant, and would love to see it retained.

I pretty much agree with Monkey, on all points that he raised.

Matt M

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Gang tackles.. i think in Rugby 2005 there is only like 2 tackles with more then 1 guy.

It just depends on how many players are standing there though, and gang tackles don't occur as often as in rugby league.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
well i play alot against friends..and very rarely do i see gang tackles..not saying they dont exisit it just that even when you run in the middle you of the ruck..it wont matter.

something like 3 or 4 guys in a tackle would be great, also perhaps some offloads...lol