What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few things need to happen...

Bretto

Bench
Now this isn't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's game - This has been coming for quite some time.

1. Jack Reed needs to be dropped.
2. Get the f**king back rowers OUT OF THE GOD DAMN CENTRES. Gillett got run around like he was standing still tonight by Jennings.
3. Put Hoffman in the centres.

or

4. Sack Griffin.

Something is seriously smelly at Brisbane at the moment, and it's not just this year. It's the second half of last year and now carried over to this year too. Maybe that crazy f**ker Elia was right and the team has no confidence in the Coach or something, but with the star players we have, and the forward pack we have, we should be doing far better than we are. There is seriously no direction in attack.

It's a farce at the minute and if we front up against Melbourne next week with the same roster and the same attitude, well, may god have mercy on our souls.

ggmu

Juniors
My team
1. Dugan
2. Hoffman
3. Reed (dont like it but we know he is staying)
4. Hodgo
5. Maranta
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McG
11. Glenn
12. Thiaday(c)
13. Parker
14. Wallace
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Hala

I think signing Dugan is a no brainer now we dont look dangerous at all we need a bit of flair that i think he can bring. Hunt can be no worse than Wallace in the halves and is younger so why not lol. Wallace on the bench as it would seem Macca still cant play the full game. Yow Yeh to come in when fit possibly in Reeds spot if he can play centre? Big Sam needs to go ack to secong row he is wasted in the front row. Hala when fully fit would give us good impact off the bench along with Gillett. Hapy for Stagg to go and another prop on the bench but thats not happening.

These are the changes i would make but lets be honest Hook isnt doing anything like this the same team will run out against the storm maybe wit Hodgo in. We win throw it to him every set to see if we can create something and Melbourne will grind us into the ground.

Rant over.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Something is seriously smelly at Brisbane at the moment, and it's not just this year. It's the second half of last year and now carried over to this year too.

I'll tell you what it is and it's exactly what I said it was at the end of 2012: A complete lack of interest in being competitive from this new administration. 6 Premierships in 20 years?

"That'll do for a few years. Let's focus on our share price".

Mr Fourex

Bench
1. Norman
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Anderson

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Norman
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Anderson

Nope, nope, nope. Norman is f**king useless at FB. I'm starting to wonder if he is useful for ANYTHING.

babyg

Juniors
Now this isn't a knee jerk reaction to tonight's game - This has been coming for quite some time.

1. Jack Reed needs to be dropped.
2. Get the f**king back rowers OUT OF THE GOD DAMN CENTRES. Gillett got run around like he was standing still tonight by Jennings.
3. Put Hoffman in the centres.

or

4. Sack Griffin.

Something is seriously smelly at Brisbane at the moment, and it's not just this year. It's the second half of last year and now carried over to this year too. Maybe that crazy f**ker Elia was right and the team has no confidence in the Coach or something, but with the star players we have, and the forward pack we have, we should be doing far better than we are. There is seriously no direction in attack.

It's a farce at the minute and if we front up against Melbourne next week with the same roster and the same attitude, well, may god have mercy on our souls.

Do we really have star players.

Too much emphasis on waiting for the young crop to come through. It would happenned by now. How much waiting around was there for gi or sbw to 'develop'.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Do we really have star players.

No. Hodges is borderline, McGuire and McC are too off and on.

Prince has been a drastic disappointment, Parker and Thaiday can only do so much and the rest are just filling in the winter waiting for Yow Yeh to return and teach these slow f**kers what a bolter really is.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Nope, nope, nope. Norman is f**king useless at FB. I'm starting to wonder if he is useful for ANYTHING.

Prince catches the ball from Norman after he side steps the Roosters defence, and we score

Norman was the only one who looked like he might threaten with the ball.

Other than a couple of poor kicks, I don't see what's so wrong with his first 3 games.

beads6

First Grade
We need to get rid of Wallace. All reports suggest he is on big money but he is rubbish. McCullough needs to shape up or ship out. We need to find some stars from somewhere because we have none at the moment.

Bretto

Bench
I thought Norman had a solid game. His positioning at Fullback has definitely improved and at least he took the line on, and when he did take the line on, he usually had good footwork at the line, a fend and the occasional offload. I honestly think he's been one our best the last 2 weeks.

Prince was dreadful last night, and not much better the week before. Really simple things like catching the damn ball. I dunno whether he's not interested, or too old or what. He's definitely got the skills there, but he's off his game at the moment.

I even think Wallace hasn't been too bad either. He's obviously just doing a job now with Prince there, like he did when Lockyer was running the show, and he's doing a stern job. He's never going to be a flashy play maker, but he's solid in defense and does his job well.

Which leads us to the real problems. As I said, Prince, ATM, is delivering nothing. We need him to create. So, IMO, the 2 main problems are lack of creativity, and lack of speed. When your Halfback isn't creating, and he's got no one but back rowers to throw the ball to out wide, well of course there's not going to be any points in us. All the opposition team have to do is compress their defense and they can throw 3 or 4 into each tackle and slow the play the ball down completely - Which is what we saw last night.

Mr Fourex said:
1. Norman
2. Kemp
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Reed
6. Hunt
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Wallace
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Kahu
15. Gillett
16. Stagg
17. Anderson - Dodds

I actually don't mind that team and reckon it would be at least worth trying. I would just make the one change in red. ATM we look like we're running in quicksand out there.

And by "stars" I'm of course referring to our Origin and International players: Thaiday, Hannant, Parker, Reed, Hoffman, Glenn, Wallace, Prince, Gillett. That's more than half our team FFS and I left out Hodges because he didn't play last night.

Last edited:

Reidy87

Juniors
The three main problems as I see them are:

1) we are just too goddam slow, playin the ball, running onto the ball, getting back in defence. Our halves are slow, our outside backs are slow.

2) we need someone with a serious creative spark in the halves. Solid kickers/organisers like Wallace and Prince should be partnering a young, unpredictable Benji, Shaun Johnson, Josh Reynolds type of player in the halves.

3) we have no intimidation factor in our forwards at the moment, just meter eaters and tackle machines. David Hala would be a good step in that direction, but we need a Burgess, SBW, Pritchard, Jeremy Smith or Neville Costigan in our side.

New Guy

Juniors
problem is most of the roster and the coach are on multi year contracts. Things arent going to get any better anytime soon.

Reed is shit and must go.
Macca is not up to standard and it shows. We need a quality hooker
Need to sign Dugan and play him at FB
Todd Carney is off contact at the end of this year. Make a play for him.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You guys look like the titans did last year. Still not sure why you guys signed prince, cause you can see his last couple years at the titans that he looked spent.

beads6

First Grade
We've also got a fair bit of coin sitting on the sidelines with Yow Yeh. He had just signed a big long term deal before he snapped his ankle. We need to get our recruiting right to get out of this.

Fire

First Grade
I'll tell you what it is and it's exactly what I said it was at the end of 2012: A complete lack of interest in being competitive from this new administration. 6 Premierships in 20 years?

"That'll do for a few years. Let's focus on our share price".

Who is running the show up there now these days?

My solution - sack the coach.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
regular players in the 17 that need to go or change position:

Dodd - sure he can tackle but he doesn't carry the ball enough.
Reed - slow, can't pass and he's a ranga
Wallace - either to the bench, Q cup or pay Penrith to take him back.
Thaiday - not a captain and not a prop

Hook needs to slapped a few times in the chops to see if he wakes up because constantly picking second rowers to play in the centres or any other position is ridiculous. Doing this says to me that we either have absolutely no depth in certain positions and 2 many second rowers on the books.

We really need some speed in the backs.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
if we get Dugan

1. Dugan
2. Maranta
3. Hodges
4. Hoffman
5. Kemp
6. Norman / Prince if Norman is off to Parra
7. Prince / Hunt if Norman is off to Parra
8. Hannant