What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Huge Positive Amongst the Doom and Gloom

widddds

Juniors
I thought he was going ok in his early days with us but he was never the same after Maika Sivo smashed his face in at Bankwest. Very timid at running to the line - the best part of his game since then was booming kicks, the rest was pretty average.

Not making excuses but I wouldn’t be surprised if that injury has had a lasting effect on him. It was a while ago but who knows how long it really takes to get over. A similar injury ended Richie Barnett’s career, simply coz we was traumatised by it. Hoping Manu can come back next year the guy he was before Mitchell hit him.

I’m not one celebrating his departure, I’m just very disappointed if didn’t work out for whatever reason. Him and the club will be better served parting ways.
Definitely. We were going well to start the year. Norman, Widdop and Hunt were all gelling pretty well and then since that injury Norman's never been the same

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I thought he was going ok in his early days with us but he was never the same after Maika Sivo smashed his face in at Bankwest. Very timid at running to the line - the best part of his game since then was booming kicks, the rest was pretty average.

Not making excuses but I wouldn’t be surprised if that injury has had a lasting effect on him. It was a while ago but who knows how long it really takes to get over. A similar injury ended Richie Barnett’s career, simply coz we was traumatised by it. Hoping Manu can come back next year the guy he was before Mitchell hit him.

I’m not one celebrating his departure, I’m just very disappointed if didn’t work out for whatever reason. Him and the club will be better served parting ways.
BBJF, a perceptive opinion which gives Norman the benefit of the doubt. He had only a short time with us before the Sivo hit but I can recall thinking in that time he seemed to run straighter than Widdop.

I try to avoid hating our own players so this is my 1st comment on Corey. That compares to my many angry posts about Mary the Imposter. Up till now what has upset me most has been Norman running out of the line and thus leaving opponents with a clear run for a 4 pointer and his missed tackles which have also led to many tries. But on Saturday his contribution to the Dragons loss went to a new level. He got in the way of the brilliance of the young kids. Dying with the ball in hand twice in one set inside the 10m line was simply shocking. I hope Hunt can return to take his place next week.

Tim.butler

Juniors
Hook wanted to sign Israel Folou, re-sign Corey Norman and make JDB captain.
Not sure he has a mentor in place, if he does then he clearly needs a new one.
These are examples of decisions by Hook that are the polar opposite to those needed to turn our club culture around.
We need the decision makers in the Club, the Board, CEO, and Coaching Group, to all have the same mindset and as a united group make decisions that clearly show the players and fans that we wont tolerate:
- bad behaviour
- bad decision making on and off the field, and
- an inability to compete harder than the opposition
Also we don’t seem to understand that to win at team sports a core requirement is you need to be able to put more pressure on your opponent than they put on you - be that in attack or defence - it’s how you win the mind battle we are so often losing. The Storm are very good at this, they lift their intensity whenever they feel their opponents are getting on top of them.
Come on Hook and Co you are smart men, please make decisions that clearly show the Club is fair dinkum about instilling a new set of standards throughout the Club.
Still looking forward to 2022 watching the local juniors, the new signings and how Hook and Co go in their second year - just can’t stand to have to wait 6 months for the next season to role around.
Hope our cricketers have a great summer season or Gus Gould’s idea to give the NSW Cup players an end of season comp to play in gets a run.

Latest posts