What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 10

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round10.jpg

All times AEDT

All games live on FOX Sports 1

Timmah

Staff member
Oh look, the Jets attempting to be Newcastle Utd from the EPL.

:lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That is if I'm correct in thinking they'll be wearing their alternate strip. Otherwise we'll wear our traditional colours with white shorts :)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Nah, the Mariners bandwagon will be well and truly rolling along. Crowd will be around 60-40 IMO.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Jest will bring 1k. Mariners will bring the other 13-14k.
:lol: No idea. Crowd was a tick over 7k at the last home game, yeah? So you're telling me you're going to double that figure, but the Jets will only bring 1k?

Mong

Post Whore
Hahaha.

Weather appears to have fined up here in Brisbane (for now at least). Am expecting a win against the Heart tonight, work x mas party on tonight though, am thinking that a few hours there of drinking as much as possible before a quick walk over to lang park will be in order.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: No idea. Crowd was a tick over 7k at the last home game, yeah? So you're telling me you're going to double that figure, but the Jets will only bring 1k?

Our home crowds against Victory and Gold Coast were 10k and 11k respectively.

Given our current run of form (and good weather) against our fiercest rival, you honestly think we're not gonna go close to 12-13k?

The only thing IMO that would keep people away is torrential rain.

Or a birthday party :x

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Our home crowds against Victory and Gold Coast were 10k and 11k respectively.

Given our current run of form (and good weather) against our fiercest rival, you honestly think we're not gonna go close to 12-13k?

The only thing IMO that would keep people away is torrential rain.

Or a birthday party :x
Tbph you should get closer to 15k. Whether that happens is anyone's guess.

Timmah

Staff member
Well, the Roar fall from grace has been sudden.

If we get three points out of tonight we're even... and we play each other next week.

Interesting times ahead. Haven't looked at any odds but I imagine other sides are shortening in betting behind the Roar now...

Mong

Post Whore
Talk about park the bus.. Last night was frustrating to watch.. Disappointing to see the crowd throwing shit attempting to get it on the field, yes the ref and linesmen got a lot wrong but there is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Frederick

Staff member
Terrible game. Only player IMO who cam hold their head up high is Nash. Yes he conceded two goals, but he played without fear and actually attacked the ball, something which the rest of the squad seems hesitant to do. We'd probably be better with him up front...least he'd put in some effort. Then again that would also mean Kennedy would be back in goal, and we definitely don't want that.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not surprising; another away game, another loss. How a side can be so inconsistently consistent is anyone's guess. The Mariners were far too good, and there's nothing wrong with being beaten by the form team of the comp at the moment, regardless of my hatred for them. We're back at home next Saturday so we'll be right :cool:

Timmah

Staff member
FWIW, the club would be in an entirely diff position had Jason Culina not been injured pre-season. Branko would still be coach in all likelihood. Who knows what the story would've been away from home either.

Bottom line, Jets need to find a tonic when on the road otherwise they'll miss the 6 and be no chance very soon.

As for our side, still not at 100% IMO, yet we're supposedly the "form team". Hard to argue given our streak but we've got another gear I think.

Hopefully we draw at a minimum next weekend vs Roar... will be interesting to see how we go now we're level pegging and Brisbane are 0-2.