What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 18

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The crowd was 10k. Have fun with conspiracy theories, that was definitely the crowd. Stadium was half full.

Mariners were woeful, lacked structure and sorely missed Ryan, Bozzy and Amini.

I have no problem with the 4 or 5 yellows we got today... my only question is why similar offences were not carded for the opposition. Woeful officiating in that dept.

LOL forget the fact that we should have had a penalty and Zwandfjdlfjndkjlnsijk sent off.

We are Brisbane! We are Back!

Mong

Post Whore
I don't think it was a penalty as it was just outside but gee whiz, how did they miss it.

Not sure why CCM fans or officials are whinging though.

Other than they are just whingers of course :)

Timmah

Staff member
Arnold whining about the ref.....lose 1 game out of 15 and then whine about the ref

Tossers

I don't think it was a penalty as it was just outside but gee whiz, how did they miss it.

Honestly - most of the foul & card decisions against us were legit. We were playing frustrated football once we got 2-0 down and it showed.

The problem with the referee was purely on the fact that a number (probably 3 or 4 throughout the game) of similar offences from the Roar didn't attract 1 single yellow. Pretty sure that's what Arnie was "whinging" about, a fair concern really IMO.

I'm now a bit worried our momentum has been killed with the 14 day break. Roar and Wellington are gaining fast.

skeepe

Immortal

An argument could be made that, while contact started outside the box it continued inside, which is a penalty.

Timmah

Staff member
Good to see the Jets hit some form although those 2 conceded goals were a worry.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
All of a sudden the Mariners might start to have a brief glance over their shoulders to see where the Phoenix are ...

Timmah

Staff member
7 points clear with a game in hand? :lol:

Maybe if we go on a 5 game losing streak like Brisbane.

Losing a game against the second-best team in the comp missing three of our best players isn't exactly one for the shame file.

Just hope Arnie doesn't persist with starting Hearfield again.

Timmah

Staff member
In the 6?

We're guaranteed to reach the preliminary final, we can't finish lower than 3rd in the finals.

If we're gonna choke, it'll be on GF day :lol: