What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '11/12 :: Round 2

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
hal2012-round2.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Sydney have a better lineup this year, and the Roar have to lose sometime...

roboshark

Coach
I'm interested in why you guys thing we won't get flogged by the Roar?

i watched the syd/melb game after getting home from jets and I was surprised with sydneys game...they have a better team than what i thought and they took the game to melb in patches..
i think they are good enough for a draw at home

they still have the worst strip in the comp mind you!!

MEE.

Juniors
If Adelaide can turn things around from last weekend then the game against Victory should be a beauty.

Looking forward to Sydney against Brisbane too.

Timmah

Staff member
CCM 1 - 1 GCU.

Gold Coast dominated before we got a late strike home. Decent crowd of 10,374 too.

Mong

Post Whore
Sydney have taken what the mariners seemingly tried to do against the Roar last week to all new levels.. Their foul count must be massive already and it's only half time.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Went to the Mariners game tonight, was garbage.

Spent more time talking about FIFA12 than the actual game.

Timmah

Staff member
Went to the Mariners game tonight, was garbage.

Spent more time talking about FIFA12 than the actual game.

Not wrong. Great crowd for current CCM standards and so few of them would be back based on the performance.

That said, we still salvaged a point.

Ausguy

Coach
further to that...

why do the roar fans or any premiers fans sing... champione champione like they are italian? sounds stupid and makes me cringe

DB

First Grade
Probably the same reason why the Manchester United players were singing it last year

weasel

First Grade
was it campiones campiones, ole ole ole? It's Spanish not Italian.

Roar looked vulnerable in stages, but the second half was an impressive display. We really control the tempo of the game very well, slowing play down or upping intensity as it suits us, which is the mark of a great team, and a definite evolution of the way football is played in the A-League.

Sydney certainly aren't short on talented individuals in their side, but what sets us apart from them really is a matter of coaching, and that's no easy fix, it takes a while to get players to start playing in that way, and Ange inherited a few individuals who were already suited to it at the Roar (even with Farina and the Roar old boy's best efforts to stifle it for a more physical style of play), such as McKay, Murdocca and the young Nichols, and it was just a matter of adding the right pieces, and of course months of preparation in training.

We do miss McKay, though. Broich and Nichols in the midfield look positively lethargic in comparison, even though I understand they both do get through a large work rate. But there's signs already that we can cope without him, I still think it'll take time to gel though. Early impressions are that Adelaide are the best chance of matching us this year, gee they've got an impressive squad. Wish we could have got Vidosic back.

weasel

First Grade
btw, planning to buy one of the new Roar jerseys when I make my triumphant return to Bris in a few weeks time. But I can't decide which one.... the black looks more stylish, but the orange is more recognisably Roar. What do you guys think?