What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League '12-13 :: Round 13

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Fixtures coming thick and fast over the Christmas/New Year period!

hal2012-13-r13.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mariners trapped in Wellington at least til tomorrow, fog closing WGTN airport.

Wonder if it'll have an effect on their preparation against Sydney. Will be interesting to see how the match plays out.

Timmah

Staff member
Not counting on it. Massive danger game IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Maybe, but I also view Sydney as a quality team not playing to potential. If they play to it... they're hard to beat.

Mong

Post Whore
Have been away for Xmas so haven't seen the roar game yet but Geeze, who would have seen that result coming after last weeks rubbish at home..

Timmah

Staff member
Given their opponents were spanked 6-1, I think many might've picked it. First full match-lead-up under Mulvey would've done Roar the world of good.

Nervous about tonight tbh, 7-2 is still in the memory.

Iafeta

Referee
Good win by the Phoenix. Nice to finally see some attacking football from them. Still a little overly reliant on the cross for mine though. Durante had probably the worst 60 seconds a centre back could have early on!

DB

First Grade
So this is what that winning feeling you guys go on about is like.... bout time Sydney did something.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Christ, my entire team has played in A-League fantasy and I've amassed... 48 points. My opponent has four players to play and has 44.

Worst round for my team ever.

Timmah

Staff member
Call me Timmahstradamus.

In all seriousness, we arrived late due to two transport mishaps, three days after being delayed in Wellington. Completely disrupted preparation and down two key players in Zwannswijk and Bojic.

Rogic was being hacked all night but only when Del Piero got touched was the whistle ever blown...

Our front third were goal shy... some terrible, lazy attempts on the goal.

Then Hutch comes in with a clumsy, stupid attempt at a body check and gets red carded...

Then Rogic closes his eyes and lunges at the opposition. Stupid, red card, ill-timed... could be his last moment in a Mariners shirt too if he's snapped up in the January transfer window :(