What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League 13/14 :: Week 1

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
R1gfx.png

All times AEDT (NSW/VIC/TAS/ACT)​

Mong

Post Whore
About time!!

A couple of games to look forward to on Saturday. No Roar home game is disappointing though.

Big Sam

First Grade
I'm going to do my predictions here because there's no point opening another thread:

1/Champ Western Sydney
2/GF Melbourne Victory
3 Central Coast
4 Sydney
5 Brisbane
6 Newcastle
7 Perth
8 Melbourne Heart
9 Adelaide
10 Wellington

roboshark

Coach
Looks like same old same old for the jets. Keep possession. Never threaten on goal. Make a mistake and goal

jargan83

Coach
Didnt see the lead up the the first goal but the mistake that led to Sydney's second goal was dismal

BDR

First Grade
A dire match of football. Hopefully the rest of the weekend makes up for it.

Big Sam

First Grade
Pretty disappointing crowd.

Crowd was 20k. Still well on track for the first ever +100k round given the Melb Derby will get +50k and there'll probably be over 15k at Gosford with all those WSW fans travelling up.

Gonna be really interesting also to see how the first ever FTA game rated in the morning.

Timmah

Staff member
and there'll probably be over 15k at Gosford with all those WSW fans travelling up.

315 tickets left as at 8am this morning, so we're looking at eclipsing the 18k of last season (which was in pouring rain, mind you).

And I'm reliably informed that yes there's lots of WSW fans coming up, but there's a shitload of tickets that were bought by locals.

315 tickets left as at 8am this morning, so we're looking at eclipsing the 18k of last season (which was in pouring rain, mind you).

And I'm reliably informed that yes there's lots of WSW fans coming up, but there's a shitload of tickets that were bought by locals.

plenty of empty seats around for a sell out :?

skeepe

Immortal
Went to the Melbourne Derby. Seemed a little flat. Was sitting near some supporters group that call themselves the Real Northern Terrace or something. They had some good chants, but spent over half the game focussing on booing and swearing at other Victory supporters.

Seemed like a bunch of lunatics to be perfectly honest.

Timmah

Staff member
Disappointing the sell out wasn't a sell out... apparently there were a bunch of "Mariners Mates" memberships or something, plus lots of ticket holders who simply didn't show. As much of a cop out as it might sound there were probably several families a bit weary of the RBB presence, rightly or wrongly.

As disappointing as it was, it's 7,000 more than the average we got last year so I'm not too upset. Hopefully we can average 11 or 12k this season.

Timmah

Staff member
As for the game... yes it's early days but both WSW and us looked very good for a Round 1 clash.

Based on the three games so far in terms of form - us and WSW up top... Sydney 3rd best... Heart probably behind them, Victory a little disappointing and Newcastle... well...

Latest posts