What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Season 2007/08

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My father is a season ticket holder for the Roar, do they have a hope?

FTR he comes to my place for every Roar home match as it is easy for him to get to Suncorp. Plus he can have a few ales.

So I try to show an interest. Give me something to work with.

fish eel

Immortal
I reckon Qld might go OK this year, though with Danny Tiatto in their side I expect them to kick the crap out of a few teams

Samwise

Bench
Roar fan. Love the signing of Moore and Tiatto. Not sure about Marcinho, but we'll see. Always good to have a bit of brazillian flair.

I think the only ones out of those losses we'll actually miss is Dilevski and Vidosic.

As much as i hate the fact Farina is still coaching us, I think there's a good chancce of the roar making the top 4 this year. Need to get a bit of revenge over Sydney for that last match that had us booted.

griffo346

First Grade
Roar star suspended

August 16, 2007 QUEENSLAND Roar have suffered a blow ahead of next weekend's A-League kick-off with key midfielder Hyuk-So Seo suspended for two matches.

Seo was sent off in last weekend's Pre-Season Cup third place playoff win over the Central Coast Mariners after an incident with Mariners forward Nik Mrdja.

The 33-year-old South Korean was last night handed a two-match ban for his role in the confrontation, for which Mrdja was shown a yellow card.

Along with the mandatory one-week suspension for the red card, Seo was handed an additional minimum one-week ban for violent conduct.

Roar management are fuming over the decision, believing Seo was provoked in the 76th minute clash, but will not appeal the decision.

"Despite the fact that he was wound up and wound up and provoked, at the end of the day he has retaliated and you can't defend that," a Roar spokesman said.

Fellow midfielder Mitch Nichols will also be unavailable for the Roar's round one match against Adelaide United at Suncorp Stadium on August 25, after receiving a one-match ban following his red card in the first half against the Mariners.

Adding to the disruption is a four-day trip home by Brazilian recruit Marcinho from Saturday.

Roar officials said they have known about the trip for some time, describing it as a move to "finalise some personal matters".

The 25-year-old attacking midfielder will return to the club just two days before the Adelaide United match.

The Roar have their final pre-season hit-out against the Solomon Islands at their Richlands base in Brisbane's south tomorrow night.

AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22254756-23215,00.html

chileman

Coach
Mr Angry said:
My father is a season ticket holder for the Roar, do they have a hope?

FTR he comes to my place for every Roar home match as it is easy for him to get to Suncorp. Plus he can have a few ales.

So I try to show an interest. Give me something to work with.
Amigo, Tiatto is a good buy for the Roar this season and something I believe they have been lacking to be in the top 4 of the season! I hope your dad has a feed at your place to as the price of food in Suncorp is a killer :shock:

Samwise

Bench
chileman said:
the price of food in Suncorp is a killer :shock:

I'm more concerned about how they keep jacking the price of beer up 20 cents. I fully predict $5.60 to start before Christmas if it isn't already.

Gotta make sure you get a seat near the entrance to the public bar, as that's the only place you can get a heavy as well.

weasel

First Grade
Marcinho is class, btw. Not sure how we're gonna go, we'll miss Spase and Vidosic for sure, but I'll be front and centre for the opener against the hated Reds next weekend with a group of brasilians, ready to convert them to Roar diehards. Just hope we beat those pricks... 6-0 would be nice.

bender

Juniors
weasel said:
Marcinho is class, btw. Not sure how we're gonna go, we'll miss Spase and Vidosic for sure, but I'll be front and centre for the opener against the hated Reds next weekend with a group of brasilians, ready to convert them to Roar diehards. Just hope we beat those pricks... 6-0 would be nice.

Dilevski was very overrated. Plenty of players their to replace him. Vidosic is a big loss, where has he gone?

Craig Moore is a very good signing. If he doesnt get injured he could be the best player in the A league, even if he is getting a bit old. Tiatto, i am no so sure about I will leave judgment. Marcinho i have never seen about, but he sounds like the type of player i would take a gamble on in Football manager.

The biggest problem for the Roar still remains the very poor coaching of Farina. Still, he seems to be highly regarded by most of the players. Maybe he is a far better trainer and motivator than selector and tactitian. I suppose he did pull an upset with the STrikers once before, so maybe a win isnt beyond the Roar. In a close season, it will be dedication and desire that makes and wins the Grand Final.