What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Season 2007/08

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Trust me, the region is already big in Asia ;-)

Question... why is there a one weekend gap between the two SF legs?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Timmah said:
Trust me, the region is already big in Asia ;-)

2 and a half inches isn't big, Timmah. ;-)

As for your question, I'm confused too.

weasel

First Grade
Socceroos international I presume.

Really horrible finish to the weekend. Gut-wrenching. But we deserved it. Farina has really proven in the last few rounds what a hopeless manager he is.

lolesi

First Grade
Shouldn't take banner be 2007/8 minor premiers?

Besides that, geez i had a good time at the SFS today, was a great crowd and a terrific atmosphere, can't believe we didn't score right at the end, was a millimeter from going in!

I took the lady and she had a great time, so looks like Friday night is on the cards also, which should be a cracker. Tiatto being out is a massive plus for us

Geez some Melbourne fans are tools though, i was in the toilet and some guy interrogated me on who i went for and why i was in the Melbourne end's toilets (was the closest toilets to where i was sitting) the toss looked like he wanted to murder me, just called him a fool and walked back to my seat while he tried to eye ball me to death, its rubbish like that which ruins a day.

Timmah

Staff member
No. lolesi if you knew anything about Football, it's that the team that finishes 1st are the PREMIERS, and the team that finishes top in the GF are the CHAMPIONS.

Meanwhile, I can't make Newie on Sunday night :( Not fair :(

And the f**king return match is on my 1 year anniversary with the missus FFS :fist:

Knightmare

Coach
weasel said:
Socceroos international I presume.

Really horrible finish to the weekend. Gut-wrenching. But we deserved it. Farina has really proven in the last few rounds what a hopeless manager he is.

That's a bit harsh. Farina turned the Roar from an average football team at best, to a team who looked set to book return flights to Asia by tomorrow morning.

Glenn

First Grade
Timmah said:
No. lolesi if you knew anything about Football, it's that the team that finishes 1st are the PREMIERS, and the team that finishes top in the GF are the CHAMPIONS.

And the f**king return match is on my 1 year anniversary with the missus FFS :fist:

Timmah perfect one year anniversary present for your missus, sealing a spot in the grand final ;-)

lolesi

First Grade
Timmah said:

Haha, i made a mistake about the terminology of the a-league finals system, to which i say wops, made a mistake. So yeah, i dont know anything about football.

I just love how its now the finals (though you did come in at least rd19), and you have just blown in and now molest every topic on this forum with your dribble. I have no doubt you go for CC, but i love how you always discussed your teams fortunes in here throughout the year.. HA.

Please do not even start telling me i do not know anything on football, cause myself, unlinke you are here throughout the year discussing football with the core group of say 10-15 people, so when the a-league is over for this year, and the need for banners in this sub-section dry's up, i look forward to you leaving, and the actual followers of the game throughtout the seaons can continue, without the LoL! Go CC screw you JeTSS!!! ohhh MaNU RULE!!!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Glenn said:
Timmah perfect one year anniversary present for your missus, sealing a spot in the grand final ;-)

I think you are confused, if you lose the semi-finals on aggregate you go to the preliminary final..

fish eel

Immortal
Timmah said:

Jesus Timmah, if yopu're going to ask questions like that, then maybe you shouldnt say things like this to people:

timmah said:
No. lolesi if you knew anything about Football,

:lol: :lol:

chiana

Juniors
lolesi said:
Geez some Melbourne fans are tools though, i was in the toilet and some guy interrogated me on who i went for and why i was in the Melbourne end's toilets (was the closest toilets to where i was sitting) the toss looked like he wanted to murder me, just called him a fool and walked back to my seat while he tried to eye ball me to death, its rubbish like that which ruins a day.

It is terrible when something like that happens. Yet there are many good supporters that make going to the match worthwhile. The best supporters are the ones at the end of the game that shake hands and you can have a drink with later. Discuss how good the competition has been this year and how the League is growing from strength to strength and it doesn't matter if you support different teams.

I lived and worked in England/Scotland for a few years when I was younger. It's not great when you have to be separated by barbard wire from supporters of a different team. It's a very uneasy feeling.

Mostly though going to the matches I've been to this year have been great. It's amazing to hear the singing and chanting of supporters and the matches have been well fought. It's been a great series and looking forward going to the finals.

Glenn

First Grade
gunning_for_panthers said:
I think you are confused, if you lose the semi-finals on aggregate you go to the preliminary final..

Good you know that seeing it will be the Jests going down that route. :p

Timmah

Staff member
lolesi said:
Haha, i made a mistake about the terminology of the a-league finals system, to which i say wops, made a mistake. So yeah, i dont know anything about football.

I just love how its now the finals (though you did come in at least rd19), and you have just blown in and now molest every topic on this forum with your dribble. I have no doubt you go for CC, but i love how you always discussed your teams fortunes in here throughout the year.. HA.

Please do not even start telling me i do not know anything on football, cause myself, unlinke you are here throughout the year discussing football with the core group of say 10-15 people, so when the a-league is over for this year, and the need for banners in this sub-section dry's up, i look forward to you leaving, and the actual followers of the game throughtout the seaons can continue, without the LoL! Go CC screw you JeTSS!!! ohhh MaNU RULE!!!

So this is your forum? :lol:

I'll contribute where I like, when I like, and you can lump it. Simple as that.

Timmah

Staff member
fish eel said:
Jesus Timmah, if yopu're going to ask questions like that, then maybe you shouldnt say things like this to people:

:lol: :lol:

I dare say it's a little less obvious that there was an international on the middle weekend... there's nothing stating why the gap was on the A-League website.

Latest posts