What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A moratorium on rule changes

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Would anyone be opposed to this? I'm sick of constant changes season to season, and even worse the mid season alterations they come up with. As much as I hate the refs, it has to be difficult with the rule book changing every 12 months.
A set period for rule changes, say five years, would give us a more consistently rule game.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Nope
Rule changes should be rushed, changed on emotion with no consistency or because paul Kent said so, not thought through or given time to trial. It's the nrl way

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
I love it.

I particularly enjoy NRL administrators understanding of Physics coming to the fore. It's a real treat.

mave

Coach
I prefer rule changes to be made mid season ( closer to the finals is better).
I also like said changes to be applied to only a few teams in the comp (depending on the administrator's team of choice ).

Bonus points for completely disregarding common sense when the match review committee decide the charge sheet.

Tinkler

Juniors
60707538.jpg

RWB

Bench
We're in a never ending cycle.

Rule changes get brought in to try and manufacture what someone perceives to be a more exciting game, then they don't work and we go with someone else's version of what a more exciting game looks like, rinse and repeat. When the real problem is we keep f**king changing the rules!

And all we end up with is a cluster f**k of a rule book that even those tasked with the job of trying to enforce it struggle to understand all the inconsistencies.

Sure rules need to be tinkered with over time to reflect where we are as a society but we need to stay true to what the game is. Let the coaches and players dictate where the game heads, NATURALLY!

Sure that means we'll go through unpopular era's like Bellamy's WWE reign but so be it, that's part of our history. Right now we're in an era where the power running athlete runs supreme, who knows where the game heads next but let the coaches and players decide that and let the administrators look after everything else off the field... how it should be.

Tinkler

Juniors
the game has always changed..... like life ..

this is a billion dollar business !!!

business always evolve and change its products to make $$$$$

maple_69

Bench
No change every year. Use NSW Cup and NYC as trial games for new rules, give them at least 8 weeks to implement in the NRL. Why the captains challenge isn't in yet despite a successful trial I have no idea.

Latest posts