What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A must feature for the next version

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
I know people have started similar threads but this is something i feel really strongly about and im very disappointed its not in this version.

Holding down in the tackle.

Its a big part of RL and coaches actually set their players targets of slowing the oppositions tackles down to so many seconds whilst they will have targets to play the ball in so many seconds themselves.

We deffo need a button to hold down when on defence and one to struggle to get up when on attack.I thought ARL 96 handled this to perfection.

travdaddy

Juniors
i agree, no video ref
i know for myself after a while it would get annoying, and i would just want to skip it
lets have faith in our refs!!! :lol:

kiwi_man

Juniors
i have to say there is no need for a video ref in single player but in multi-player it would be good as i have been ripped off in lomu rugby befor when he was clearly out but the try was awarded.(yes i no its union but the same may happen here)

holding down in the tackle sounds good aswell, tho im not that fussed.

Blunty

Juniors
I think holding down in the tackle, is a must but the biggest must is jumping up for the ball off bombs to contest. That is a major part of the game, oh yea and FIGHTS!

Maccas

Juniors
I think holding down in the tackle is a great idea.

But I would still love to have the video ref. Anyone who has played the last few versions of Madden would have realised the "Challenge Play". Its used in the NFL so they put it in madden. And its damn accurate and allows for some fun. I have had some touchdowns that were first allowed, but then disallowed. It would be great fun to have this in the next version. Purely because of the build up to the decision if it was a match against a mate.

TripleM

Juniors
Blunty said:
I think holding down in the tackle, is a must but the biggest must is jumping up for the ball off bombs to contest. That is a major part of the game, oh yea and FIGHTS!

I don't know why everyones wanting to be able to jump for the bombs. You say it is a major part of the game. But the thing is, the major part of it is in the game! Whether they jump or not, the bombs will be exactly as contestable if you get your player underneath them. So the only bit missing is the graphics - and really,I don't care about having left footed kickers or seeing people jump for bombs. As long as the gameplays great.. and the gameplay part of the bomb is there.

Goleel

Juniors
Jumping for bombs would add an element of skill to regathering a bomb, say if you jump early, the other team can time their jump and take the ball, and you generally have more control over it. While I don't think its an absolute necessity that others make it out to be, it'd be a nice addition. We can live without it though.

The video ref, we've had some nice debates about this before, especially on the rugby forum, I still haven't heard any reasons why it is an absolute necessity, and to whoever said that Madden 2004 has a good challenge system, they need to use it a little more, because it is 50/50 right calls to stuff-ups, and most of the right calls go the CPU's way. Before people go saying the video ref is absolutely necessary, think about what it would add to the game, and why it'd be of any use? It's part of the game, but it doesn't need to be in the virtual form.

Holding in the tackle was brilliant for ARL and I was hoping something similar would be in Rugby League, but the system they've got in there so far sounds pretty good and I'll give that a chance before asking for it to be changed.

Kage

Juniors
Anyone who has played Jonah Lomu rugby will understand why jumpimg for bombs is such a great feature. Me and my mate would sometimes play games where you were only allowed to score from the high ball, so getting a clean run through and an accurately timed jump were essential......and bllody fun!

Holding down in the tackle needs quick play-the-balls make it useful, other wise it would be holding down just for the sake of it.

TripleM

Juniors
I still don't think you really understand.. the skill of regathering the bomb will be exactly the same as if you had jumped. You will have to time your run perfectly. The only thing missing is that you won't be able to see people jumping in the air.

budz

Juniors
So far we have the jumping for a bomb, holding in the tackle and a new way to kick goals. I think all of them need to be looked at for the next version. With holding down in the tackle comes dominant tackles too which could become pretty complicated.

TripleM

Juniors
I don't think I'll say it needs a new way of kicking goals before I find out what they actually have in this version :D I suppose you were talking about the golf-style kick, its a good idea but if this one works, lets keep it.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
southern warrior said:
there is no need for a video ref!!!

What? It's a part of the game, wouldn't you think it would make it more realistic? Holding down in the tackle is alright but is not needed as much as a video ref in my opinion.

Jumping for bombs is also a must for the next version.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Gol ur such a snob. Do u live in Double Bay and u like Yawnion. U think ur so correct in everthing u say and u talk like ur on the board at HES. Mate get up off ur ass and get a life. Get over ur website as well all ur screenshots r old.

izzo

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
Gol ur such a snob. Do u live in Double Bay and u like Yawnion. U think ur so correct in everthing u say and u talk like ur on the board at HES. Mate get up off ur ass and get a life. Get over ur website as well all ur screenshots r old.

It's not Double Bay it's Double Pay

Latest posts