What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A query...

Bunny Boy

Juniors
And this ISNT in the FAQ so relax the lot of ya ;)

People are saying you can transfer jerseys for the PC game etc etc but how do you do this and how do u actually design jerseys?

I wouldnt mind Souths using the Smiths Crisps jersey and id like to know how to do all of this.

Cheers,
BB.

thomo

Juniors
Good question. I'd like to start work on some jerseys while I'm waiting for the game to come out.

TripleM

Juniors
I think to design jerseys you just do them in any old drawing program and just put the pic in the jersey folder when you get the game. But there may be something special you have to do - Vodka?

Mario

Juniors
TripleM said:
I think to design jerseys you just do them in any old drawing program and just put the pic in the jersey folder when you get the game.

Correct.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Mario said:
TripleM said:
I think to design jerseys you just do them in any old drawing program and just put the pic in the jersey folder when you get the game.

Correct.
Could vodka or mario if his not busy put a designed jersey in the format it needs to be on here so we can us it for a template to create our own jerseys.

Mario

Juniors
CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
Could vodka or mario if his not busy put a designed jersey in the format it needs to be on here so we can us it for a template to create our own jerseys.

I would have to discuss that with HES. I'll keep you posted.

HBG

Juniors
I remember in the demo, I found the file for the Roosters and the Warriors. I started editing them, but the game crashed (no matter how minor). I assume this is possibly still the same file?
It was a graphic photo which had the front back and sides of the jersey, shorts and socks.

Moffo

Referee
can someone do these and put them up? Ill make it a sticky so that everyone can see them...

its just that im really crap at those sort of things :lol: i guess i can't put them on my xbox, can i?

Mario

Juniors
HBG said:
I remember in the demo, I found the file for the Roosters and the Warriors. I started editing them, but the game crashed (no matter how minor). I assume this is possibly still the same file?
It was a graphic photo which had the front back and sides of the jersey, shorts and socks.

They are different for the final version I believe.

Mario

Juniors
Unfortunately, the word from the top is we can't release any content including uniform templates until the game goes to retail.

Will let you know if the situation changes.

Bunny Boy

Juniors
I just tried editing the Roosters jersey into a Souths one and thought I had it.

I opened the folder and then opened the Roosters pic in Paint. I changed it to how I wanted it to look for Souths colours and saved it.

Closed all the folders and went to start the game and it didnt let me saying it was "corrupt".
:?:

Forum Idiot

Bench
Bunny Boy said:
I just tried editing the Roosters jersey into a Souths one and thought I had it.

I opened the folder and then opened the Roosters pic in Paint. I changed it to how I wanted it to look for Souths colours and saved it.

Closed all the folders and went to start the game and it didnt let me saying it was "corrupt".
matta knows how to get around that problem so ask him about it.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
I used Photoshop. Im not very good at that sort of thing but I found photoshops smudge tool is really useful for fixing the errors I made. Just remember to make the picture one layer when youre finished.

Matta

Juniors
Forum Idiot said:
Bunny Boy said:

Uhh... You'll need a hex editor and you're gonna know where every file connects to the RugbyLeague.exe file in the folder. Your gonna have to redirect the files in the .exe to a different file (which you create, for examples jerseys, faces, team lists) and the "the game has been corrupted, please reinstall" only checks the files that come with the install, not the files that you create.

PM me if you dont understand what I'm saying (which I am sure you don't)

Priddo

Juniors
Matta said:
Forum Idiot said:
Bunny Boy said:

Uhh... You'll need a hex editor and you're gonna know where every file connects to the RugbyLeague.exe file in the folder. Your gonna have to redirect the files in the .exe to a different file (which you create, for examples jerseys, faces, team lists) and the "the game has been corrupted, please reinstall" only checks the files that come with the install, not the files that you create.

there is an easier way to do it..........

use the original jerseys and load the game toi the menu then swap the files.......

thats how i did it back in the rleague days....and still do it now

Bunny Boy

Juniors
Matta said:
Forum Idiot said:
Bunny Boy said:

Thanks mate but ive uninstalled the game.
Looks like ill just have to wait now.....

:?