What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question for Jon

Orsunfen

Juniors
i downloaded your patch and everything worked fine but then all of a sudden when i go to customise the teams the game just shuts down, ive deleted and reinstalled the game and your patch but it still happens, any ideas mate?

Jonotallica

Juniors
Sorry for the late reply, I had my bday last night, and was a little preoccupied. :D

Wat KimmorleyKiller said - that's about all I can think of. I just went back and installed it and was able to go into customise teams without crashing. A team referenced in one of your save games is probably missing, and is probably clashing and causing the crash.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Orsunfen

Juniors
yeah mate i deleted all saved games that didnt work so i erased all league files reinstalled the game downloaded your new v5 patch with rookies and same thing! i can go to cutomise players,competitions but when i go to add players to customise teams it crashes, without the patch it works normal. ive got no idea mate, is anyone having trouble getting onto Timmos site aswell?

Jonotallica

Juniors
Ok, I ll have a look and see if I can get something sorted out.

edit- Timmos site is working fine for me.

Jonotallica

Juniors
I'm stumped, I just went in, tried a few different teams.. including Salford as they were an added team and I thought that might of been what the problem is. But I could add players fine.. I didn't try saving the changes though because i didnt want to f**k my teams up.

But as far as I can tell it's working fine for me. Do you remember what team you were trying to customise?

Jonotallica

Juniors
I'll see if I can fix it for you, but it's hard since it works for me. I ll keep trying though.

If you like the patch and this is the only thing that bugs you.. download inertia's player editor.. you also need to download the qtintf.dll file and put it in your rugby league directory.

You can make all your roster changes (team customisations) in there, it's pretty easy to use.

(from gols site) player editor - http://home.exetel.com.au/golsrugbyleagueonline/RLTE09b.zip

and the dll file you need.. http://home.exetel.com.au/golsrugbyleagueonline/qtinf.zip

I would take the link down if your problem was happening for everyone, but since your the only one (so far), this might be the best solution. Either way, I ll see if inertia can have a look at the team.db file in the patch, if anyone can spot a coding error it's him.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Mate I just figured out what the problem is. You need that qtintf.dll file installed in your Rugby League folder.

I just installed the game on my brothers computer, ran the patch and it had the same problem you had. I installed the .dll file, and now it runs perfectly.. So install that qtintf.dll file, and it will run sweet. It's the same for inertia's International edition patch.

Orsunfen

Juniors
thanks for sorting that mate, ive downloaded that file do i now extract to program files\rugbyleague?, cause i just tried it and still no luck, it keeps shuting down im probably doing something wrong!, if you could let me know im a bit of a SIMPLETON as you can probably guess! good on ya mate.

Jonotallica

Juniors
yeah, C:\program files\rugbyleague.. but to be safe, browse the folder and have a look for it, to make sure that it copied properly.. if you can't see it, extract it again. Or extract it to your desktop and copy and paste it into your Rugby League folder manually. If you are sure that it's in your RL folder, and it's still not working.. I'm not sure what the problem is. :?

inertia666

Juniors
the best place for the dll is c:\windows\system32

the only other place it will work is inside the same folder as the exe of the team editor or the international edition exe file.

installing it to the rugbyleague folder wont work unless you placed the editor in there.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Really? because last night when I did a fresh install on my bros pc.. I didn't even install the player editor on his computer, I never even put it in the shared network folder. It was just the qtintf.dll. :?

inertia666

Juniors
if your patch is crashing you have corrupted something.

to be honest im not even sure what youare talking about anymore :lol:

the editor and qtintf.dll has nothing to do with the game crashing. i was just explaining where that dll should go.

Jonotallica

Juniors
I never said anything about the editor. :p qtintf might not have anything to do with the crashing, but the qtintf.dll KEEPS it from crashing. Well it has on my 2 systems. Why do you think I had to go to another computer before I could even see it crash for myself? I've always been able customise teams on mine.

Anywhoo. I took out the qtintf.dll and reinstalled the game from my brothers computer, and it was crashing again which was good, so it allowed me to run some more tests to isolate the problem. qtintf.dll was the first thing I tried yesterday, even though it seemed to fix the problem, I shuold have kept trying other things, that was my bad.

It ended up being the same problem that happened here, http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=24020&highlight=. Once I replaced the player.db with the original sidhe backup copy, I realised that was the problem. Then it was a matter of finding the missing id/player and restoring it.

Anyway I tested it.. on my brothers system. And it's all good now. Orsunfen sorry about all the f**king around, hope you enjoy the patch.

As it turns out laloa milford was abducted, and my player.db has been corrupted for 2 weeks and it's never once crashed on my system. Qtintf.dll ? Aliens? It's a mystery, or a conspiracy theory more like it. :lol:

inertia666

Juniors
qtintf.dll has got nothing to do with the game. it's just a library thats required for cross platform apps. the dll file is required to run my database in the utils i've made.

i honestly can't see how it keeps a game from crashing!

Orsunfen

Juniors
sorry, didnt read your other post its all sweet champ, youve dead set powered! i reinstalled and it works a treat, the game cant get much better at this stage! thanks for all your work!

Latest posts