What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A reason not to listen to new Sydney station Vega 95.3FM

SHD

Juniors
To whom it may concern,
Your new radio station looks quite interesting and promising with names such as Tony Squires attached. However due to Rebecca Wilson being on the air i simply refuse to tune in. Rebecca Wilson is simply a pot stirrer with little to no knowledge of a lot of the topics she writes about in her Telegraph column or discusses/discussed on television. I find listening to her uninformed and subjective assertions on a variety of subjects simply offensive. I don't believe i'm the only person of this opinion either.
- Cheyne

Palms

Juniors
Exactly this reason. She creates controversy, people talk about her, therefore the radio station is getting free publicity.

iggy plop

First Grade
Palms said:
Exactly this reason. She creates controversy, people talk about her, therefore the radio station is getting free publicity.

Anyone could do that just for the sake of it.

ali

Bench
Hmmm, I thought that was her on those vega adverts.

Wow, another topic I knew absolutely nothing about because it fell off the earth into this unused forum. I would have happily compalined about her, but because this was hidden, RL is the loser.

Rexxy

Coach
something about rats and sinking ships?

DMG’s star recruit Wendy Harmer has quit the troubled boomer radio network it was announced in a statement released today.

DMG said Harmer’s decision to leaver her regular morning shift on vega 95.3fm Sydney and 91.5fm Melbourne was a “mutual decision”.

Evening presenter Mike Perso will present mornings from today (March 3) until a regular replacement is announced.

Managing director radio, Cathy O'Connor said: “We have been working with Wendy on the development of her program and it became apparent that we both saw different creative directions for the morning shift (9am - 12pm)”.

O‘Connor thanked Harmer for “for her hard work throughout the vega launch” and said DMG was “certainly still talking to Wendy about future contributions to the station”.

Harmer said she was leaving “with no regrets” and will now focus on her “greatest passions—writing, producing and my young family”.

DMG spent more than $150m on purchasing rights for the Sydney and Melbourne vega radio licences and recently invested in a new advertising campaign through FNL to bump up vega’s profile and its stable of stars including Harmer, Angela Catterns, Shaun Micallef and Tony Squires.

However, since launching seven months ago research showed that 75% of vega’s target 40 to 60-year-old audience was yet to trial the station.

The first radio ratings for the year were also disappointing.

In Melbourne, vega’s share fell from 1.2% in the last survey to 1.1% while in Sydney, it fell from 1.8% to 1.7%, shedding 42,000 listeners.

http://www.bandt.com.au/articles/E2/0C03DAE2.asp

Brutus

Referee
An early prediction: Beccy will attempt to shed light on the Logies stoush between Vautin and her little play mate from Channel 9 in her gossip column at the weekend. No doubt in favour of her play mate.

ChipNChase

Juniors
I had a group of mates get on the sauce one night and write Rebecca Wilson a letter. In it, they completely invented details about the Swans misbehaving at a nightclub in the city. We woke a couple of days later to see it in her column. She doesn't check her sources, if its a good story or controversial, or condemning of rugby league players/coaches/waterboys, then she will run it.

Brutus

Referee
Someone also made up that a Swans player was pinged by CityRail for fare evasion - it made her column as well. This women is obviously very cosey with a few men in power at some these organisations otherwise she wouldn't have a job.

Latest posts