What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Reynolds

reaching into the bottom of the barrel now.
at least we would have come 8th.
milf, moylan and Brooke's hahahaha.
I'd walk away if that happened.

R-15-3

Bench
I’m on my own here but halfback isn’t the make or break key to a team. Yes they are important but not worth breaking the bank on anyone that isn’t the top 2-3 halfs in their prime. It’s not as complicated a position as many make out it to be, kick, pass and tackle 75% of try’s scored don’t involve the half. Big % of conceded try going through the half. Scout a solid defensive half who can kick and spend the money on your forwards, hooker, fullback they are the key imo no halfback wins you a game without those performing. We won a premiership without a halfback. It’s not all doom or gloom missing an over priced player past his peak.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’m on my own here but halfback isn’t the make or break key to a team. Yes they are important but not worth breaking the bank on anyone that isn’t the top 2-3 halfs in their prime. It’s not as complicated a position as many make out it to be, kick, pass and tackle 75% of try’s scored don’t involve the half. Big % of conceded try going through the half. Scout a solid defensive half who can kick and spend the money on your forwards, hooker, fullback they are the key imo no halfback wins you a game without those performing. We won a premiership without a halfback. It’s not all doom or gloom missing an over priced player past his peak.

Well said, and it's why I never minded having Chad as our halfback IF the other pieces are there.

2016 is an example of that. The other pieces were there. Chad just followed the game plan.

The club clearly wanted Reynolds but they weren't going to break the bank on him so that says alot to me. There's a few missing pieces to this team before we're a top 4 team.

I think we'll see some players start shaking out of the trees so to speak. It's only mid May - alot of Rds left and there's the off season too.

Weaponhead

Coach
There’s money but it is being spread across different targets now. I doubt we are offering anyone 800k straight up
This is the key. Smart signings that strengthen the squad and move it towards the goal of challenging for top 4.

Panic signings won't help

lolesi

First Grade
People will shoot me down for this, but I wouldn’t be against Luke Brooks at the right price - reckon the Tigers would lump in to get rid. I think a change of scenery could get him back firing.
You’d then need a running half - not many on the market. Moyza could have a lifeline, but would take Milford over Moyza if it was for a similar salary, which would have to be less than £500k.

sorry chimp, but suggesting brooks should be a 30 day forum suspension

Frailty

First Grade

The problem is, you do need a good half (whether it's a 5/8 or 1/2). You can have all the forwards in the world to get you down the field, but without a good half, you won't be converting into points. Look at the Bulldogs on the weekend - plenty of opportunity, but they don't have a good half to finish them.

Sharks got by in 2016 because they had a strong hooker, fullback, and a dominant half (Maloney) behind a forward pack that played beyond their contract value. Currently, we have an average fullback, hooker with potential that's slipping away, no halves, and a overpaid forward pack.

We can discuss third party deals, etc. for why Reynolds chose the Broncos - but their pack is much better than the Sharks'. The also have some strong outside backs, compared to the Sharks who need to play Connor Tracey on the wing.

Craigshark

First Grade
The more I see of him the more I dislike him. His latest insta post says to me he’s heart will never be in it for the broncos, he’ll turn up and win them a couple of games here and there but I think more importantly for him he’ll just be happy to collect his retirement pay cheques before he moves back to Redfern.

R-15-3

Bench
The problem is, you do need a good half (whether it's a 5/8 or 1/2). You can have all the forwards in the world to get you down the field, but without a good half, you won't be converting into points. Look at the Bulldogs on the weekend - plenty of opportunity, but they don't have a good half to finish them.

Sharks got by in 2016 because they had a strong hooker, fullback, and a dominant half (Maloney) behind a forward pack that played beyond their contract value. Currently, we have an average fullback, hooker with potential that's slipping away, no halves, and a overpaid forward pack.

We can discuss third party deals, etc. for why Reynolds chose the Broncos - but their pack is much better than the Sharks'. The also have some strong outside backs, compared to the Sharks who need to play Connor Tracey on the wing.
Dogs don’t have a hooker, forwards or a fullback but agree on Maloney was more of a running in your face 5/8 than a Typical halfback tho. You do need player that can create chances just don’t think in needs to be a Typical 1/2

myrrh ken

First Grade
I’d be looking at Aidan Sezer. Apparently wants to come back to Australia. Has a great kicking game and is a handy goal kicker. Surely wouldn’t be expensive either.

Might as well have stuck with Chad.

What about (G)Ash Taylor? Unwanted I think