What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A team to be proud of

soc123_au

Staff member
Its been a while, but gee its good to have the team playing with such determination. Gus & Ivan have every right to be feeling pretty satisfied at the moment. I'm a believer in the vision & it feels good.

murraymob

Coach
its funny how things happen to turn a club around in our case its been injuries.It forced wes naquima cameron ciraldo out of the team .Sudenly Moylan robinson john get a chance and are grabbing it with both hands

soc123_au

Staff member
You would like to think Ivan had the vision to get them in the side this year injuries or not. Its all academic now as we are where we are. Seeing Moylan chime into the backline the way he does is a breath of fresh air. We already knew what Robinson could do from the back end of last year.

chrisD

Coach
He looked good, solid first game for us but no real opportunities. Dropped it playing the ball when he first came on I think but settled in fine.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Roberts looked ok he will be dangerous once he finds his feet in FG, he made a silly mistake but I think that was from nerves more than anything. He will be a star for us I am sure.

Moyaln is proving to be a future Rep player he looks so good like he has been in FG for years, must rap Whare as well he is a good centre.

The best bit and most improvement is our defence, we just tackle, tackle and tackle again, the defence is outstanding at the moment.

adamkungl

Immortal
Good to see the plan falling into place. Always rated Gus and Ivan has a sharp footy mind.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Although our defence and enthusiasm has lifted remarkably, I think the most satisfying change from last year is the demise of us giving away dumb penalties. Last year we were always good for 4 or 5 stupid penalties but this year they seem to be very few and far between. From memory Seg gave one away last night but other than its been all good!

natheel

Coach
God it was good seeing soward having a cry and losing last night. I think I only hate him because he is in a red v. I can't wait to see your pack next year with kite coming in aswell. Good stuff

mxlegend99

Referee
James Roberts looked far more bulky and solid then I remembered from his days as a winger/fullback at the Souths. I always thought his size would make him an issue in the centres (defensively), but seeing him last night he looked like a perfect build to be playing out there. He will definitely be a revelation in the centres for us.

Dragon2010

First Grade
God it was good seeing soward having a cry and losing last night. I think I only hate him because he is in a red v. I can't wait to see your pack next year with kite coming in aswell. Good stuff

Even Dragons fans don't like him in the RedV. When they announced him in the line-up last night no-one cheered and some people around me (Dragon's fans) booed him.

Packy

Bench
I missed the game but did see the stats. Plum made 200 metres? When did that become possible...

Pomoz

Bench
I missed the game but did see the stats. Plum made 200 metres? When did that become possible...

Packy, have a look athe stats, he has been doing every week for the last month. Lots of metres, lots of tackles. He is in the form of his life at the moment.

Packy

Bench
Dont get me wrong... I am a fan and have been since his canberra days.. I just didnt know he had the minutes in him. I have seen a few if his games and agree he is going well.

kurtburt

Juniors
Dont get me wrong... I am a fan and have been since his canberra days.. I just didnt know he had the minutes in him. I have seen a few if his games and agree he is going well.
He is a very underrated player imo hopefully he continues playing well.

maple_69

Bench
We need a stat to tell us how many Dragons players Plummy ajd Docker have left feeling sorry for themselves today.
On our performance, all I seem to read is how aweful our opposition performs. Honestly when youre missing just 8 tackles in a game and completing consistently over 80% for a month its going to be hard to look good against us.
Our team atm reminds me so much of the Dragons 2009/2010. No frills, so much commitment and increasingly slick backline movements (thanks Moylan).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Even Dragons fans don't like him in the RedV. When they announced him in the line-up last night no-one cheered and some people around me (Dragon's fans) booed him.
Hmmm.. quite a few fans cheered him as well. But whatever rocks your boat.

Latest posts