What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Veteran who could help ?

W.Smith

Juniors
After the Cows win over Newy last week i dug out my disc from May MNF when the Cowboys upset Easts and i sat there shaking my head as i cant believe what a different team they looked that night

granted Mango playing his first game of the season was probably an impetus to what was a great performance but still it was a good win by the NQ against a team now proving how good they can be in Easts

last night they should have beaten Penrith as they should have beaten Balmain a few weeks ago, the Cowboys have lost 5 games by 7 or less in 2010 and i cant help but think that having an old headed veteran may have changed those close losses into wins and theyd now be in the top 8 rather than thinking about where theyll be watching the playoffs from this year, i love the Cowboys but geez they frustrate me to watch

the nxt night i dragged out the Cowboys season highlights 2004/05 dvds and watched them, great stuff from a good young team sprinkled with some savvy veterans in Matty Sing, Kev Campion, Jason Smith, Travis Norton, Paul Bowman etc -blokes who had been there, done that and were very professional

the Cowboys dont really have that now, sure JT, Mason, Tonga, LOD all have plenty of xperience and even premiership rings but they dont seem to be the type of player who commands respect and everyone follows and listens to and is inspired by like a Campo, Sing, Bowman, Norton etc

So who is a veteran who could come in and do a job like Sing, Campo, is Tate the bloke who will be like the veteran and plays the Campo, Norton, Bowman type role ?

which veteran do you reckon could help the Cowboys get back to where they were in 04-07 ?

Last edited:

Didgi

last night they should have beaten Penrith as they should have beaten Balmain a few weeks ago, the Cowboys have lost 5 games by 7 or less in 2010 and i cant help but think that having an old headed veteran may have changed those close losses into wins and theyd now be in the top 8 rather than thinking about where theyll be watching the playoffs from this year, i love the Cowboys but geez they frustrate me to watch

Not to mention probably that many again where the score has blown out a bit after we got behind and heads went down.

Charlie124

First Grade
This is why i want Dallas Johnson baaaaaadly. This guy is all class and his efforts in State of Origin over the last few years were inspirational to the other forwards in those teams. He's not the biggest bloke out there but he gives 100% EVERY time and will not quit on you, i think having him in as a leader for our forward pack will help us in several ways. His workrate alone is impressive, but i think his character and leadership is something our other forwards would really really benefit from, we've got to get him.

And then there's Tate who will pretty much do the same, but for the backs.

Latest posts