What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Rogers = A system QB??

Raider_69

Post Whore
Much like brady, a brilliant player, outstanding QB, one of the best ever but also helped by his systems and supporting cast

i dont buy the idea that rodgers supporting cast is ordinary. Grant is a 1000 yard RB with the bulk of the carries, Jennings is one of the absolute best and Nealson and James are genuine #1-2 WR and Finley is a match up nightmare. He's got a great supporting cast, as does Brady.
Doesnt take away from their greatness

Big Mick

Referee
Every QB is a system QB.

But Rodgers would succeed in every system.

Flynn...dunno.

But Flynn is going to get Kevin Kolb + money after that performance.

Monk

Referee
Flynn did what he had to do to further his career, and he's spent the last three years watching every step Rodgers takes to better himself. He's got the talent to succeed, anyone can have a breakout game, but you've got to back it up. Let's see how he does as the Jet's QB next year (calling it now).

DC_fan

Coach
Every QB is a system QB.

Totally agree.

Quarterbacks are like head coaches. How many do you see have success at more then one team?

Once a team finds the perfect match of HC and QB they don't want to let them go.

Blade

Juniors
Aaron Rodgers is a very, very good QB and arguably the best in the current league.

To claim, however, that he is "... one of the best ever" is implausible.

I could name 10 QB's off the top of my head right now that would -at their best- make him -at his finest - look ordinary at best.

It's your opinion and I'll respect it.

Cheers.

dragonfire

Bench
Flynn plays a good game, now that means Rodgers is a system QB...

lol

why wouldnt you say that?The guy came straight in after Favre and made it look easy, his backup steps up in his 2nd game in the NFL and does something Rodgers never has. If Brees doesnt get MVP i dont understand the thinking as Flynn showed Rodgers is definitely not the most valuable player for his team

why wouldnt you say that?The guy came straight in after Favre and made it look easy, his backup steps up in his 2nd game in the NFL and does something Rodgers never has. If Brees doesnt get MVP i dont understand the thinking as Flynn showed Rodgers is definitely not the most valuable player for his team

Flynn had one brilliant game lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Jono078

Referee
The way the MVP award is looked at, everyone is correct in saying Peyton Manning is MVP.

I also agree Flynn put a huge dent in Rodgers MVP case.

I'm not so sure Brees is MVP either, I think their defense, running game and other strike weapons could get them wins.

Therefore that now leaves Tom Brady. I say this year they would have had 3 wins without him.

dragonfire

Bench
The way the MVP award is looked at, everyone is correct in saying Peyton Manning is MVP.

I'm not so sure Brees is MVP either, I think their defense, running game and other strike weapons could get them wins.

Therefore that now leaves Tom Brady. I say this year they would have had 3 wins without him.

There will be the smart arse who does put a vote towards Manning. The Colts FO got a good wake up call and shows that they haven't set their team up properly imo. Backup QB isnt going to be as good but you need to have a running game and that defense was garbage this year. Although Freeney did get to the pro bowl WTF.

Yep agree that Flynn hurts Rodgers bid but a lot of people penciled him in early in the year and aren't willing to accept the back season performance of Brees imo puts him ahead of Rodgers or at worst co-mvp

Saints dont have that good a defense, we haven't gotten a lot of turnovers although the back half of the season we did improve a fair bit, we won our games on the back of the offense. Our running game at this point is arguably the best in the NFL in week 17 so i will give you that.

Brady is definitely up there as well, heck Stafford threw for over 5000 yards as well this season and all 4 of the QB's in any previous year with there resume for 2011 win except maybe Brees who has already been dogged once if not twice for the award.

DC_fan

Coach

The way the Colts have gone this season without Peyton Manning I believe it shows that he is the NFL's most valuable player.

Could he be the first player in history to not play a down and get the award? lol

Monk

Referee
Tbh, out of the QB's who have played this season (aka not Peyton), Eli should be MVP. He carried the Giants.

Jono078

Referee
It's a stupid award. The MVP in MVP should be removed and just base it on best player of the year. If that were the case I'd say Rodgers for going 14-1 and creating so many TD and so few turnovers.

Latest posts