What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

coolumsharkie

Referee
Woods did ok yesterday, he does have that lets watch a player run past me thing.. Be glad to see the back of him because of that alone. The game has gone past him, same with Fifita too unfortunately but at least ol' mate has plenty of ticker and passion. Woods looks and plays like he doesnt gaf.

Chimp

Bench
Was funny to see him get split from the head clash - that’s the only way he’ll ever get an impact injury.

I’ve never known a prop who avoids big collisions. His runs are so slow, there’s never a chance of him being smashed, his defence is so passive, he’s never gonna smash someone. He actively avoids heavy contact, by either moving to a location where he won’t take the first contact, or by deploying a safety first technique.

Awful awful prop forward. He makes sure his stats look decent, but the game isn’t played on paper.

bmaccc

Juniors
This bloke is a deadset cancer on our team's performance. I genuinely think his lack of intensity/effort creates big problems across the park for us.

Aside from the direct impact (eg. watching Jake Turpin run right past him for the Donks first try yesterday):

- other players have to make effort to cover for him, diving, running etc. They suffer more fatigue as a result. They also dont trust the middle defence so aren't as effective in their own roles. Everyone keeps saying 'Brailey is cooked' 'Brailey needs a rest', wonder why? Our backrowers are overworked. They're forced to defend their own man, help Trindall/Metcalf and help cover for him
- he never makes first contact and relies on other players around him to muscle up, again impacting others
- He is our captain. He is supposed to lead by example - he sets the standard. Our younger forwards, earning a third of his wage, must look at him and think "why should I help put kick pressure on if this bloke, our leader, earning triple my wage, doesn't think we need to?"

Broncos had 7 linebreaks yesterday. 5 of them happened while Woods was on the field. 4 of them had direct implications from Woods

Chimp

Bench
This bloke is a deadset cancer on our team's performance. I genuinely think his lack of intensity/effort creates big problems across the park for us.

Aside from the direct impact (eg. watching Jake Turpin run right past him for the Donks first try yesterday):

- other players have to make effort to cover for him, diving, running etc. They suffer more fatigue as a result. They also dont trust the middle defence so aren't as effective in their own roles. Everyone keeps saying 'Brailey is cooked' 'Brailey needs a rest', wonder why? Our backrowers are overworked. They're forced to defend their own man, help Trindall/Metcalf and help cover for him
- he never makes first contact and relies on other players around him to muscle up, again impacting others
- He is our captain. He is supposed to lead by example - he sets the standard. Our younger forwards, earning a third of his wage, must look at him and think "why should I help put kick pressure on if this bloke, our leader, earning triple my wage, doesn't think we need to?"

Broncos had 7 linebreaks yesterday. 5 of them happened while Woods was on the field. 4 of them had direct implications from Woods
Urgh yes, I didn’t mention the lack of effort when he’s the marker.
He purposely gets to first marker, and then just jogs out sideways - no attention to detail on what the dummy half is actually doing, no chasing the first receiver, no kick pressure if it’s the last. Everything is done to preserve his energy and avoid contact at every opportunity.

chewsta

First Grade

This is a great post! Spot on.

Woods sucks.

Never seen Kai O'Donnell play, never even heard of him before we signed him and don't even know if he plays front row but would rather see him play than sharon the cat

Special K

Coach
It is pretty f**ken incredible that Woods and Dugan who are on a mint are both going into the last round of the season on contract unsigned. Thing is a fair few of us could have seen this coming.

I predict he will end up at Manly. Dugan centrelink

carinashark

First Grade

I’ve just had an amazing thought! All the Moylan love must be true . Woodsy and Moylan play and we win. Moylan is that good and with him on we can can carry a player like Woods. Grand final for us in 22. We could even use Fifita for cameo’s.

Plays a similar role to Allen Langer in defence lately. Fills a gap in the line. Must really frustrate Langer that he cant get the ball and run at him.

bluefox68

Staff member
Plays a similar role to Allen Langer in defence lately. Fills a gap in the line. Must really frustrate Langer that he cant get the ball and run at him.
Langer will drop dead on the field before he gives up that water bottle.

He probably wears his flouro shirt to bed…

Bob Scott

Juniors
Perhaps A Woods thinks this could be his last game of NRL and decides to go out in a blaze of glory and puts in an absolute stormer that results in us winning and making the 8 .
Expecting too much maybe .

Tiger Shark

Bench
Perhaps A Woods thinks this could be his last game of NRL and decides to go out in a blaze of glory and puts in an absolute stormer that results in us winning and making the 8 .
Expecting too much maybe .

Whether he gets another gig or not you really hope being his last or second last game that he absolutely pulls his finger out.

Thing is I think what we've seen from him this year is him pulling his finger out. He doesn't have another level to go too.

Latest posts