What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aasta resigns

stumped

Juniors
Just announced at the season launch, 2 years seeing him at the club until the end of 2013

adamkungl

Immortal
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...r-deal-with-club/story-e6frfgbo-1226017356802
AFTER feeling unwanted and unloved at Bondi, Braith Anasta has just become a Rooster for life. Anasta, 29, who led the Roosters to last year's grand final, signed a new two-year deal with the club yesterday.
The key signing was officially announced at the Roosters season launch last night but Daily Telegraph readers were told exclusively of Anasta's retention way back on February 24.
"I'm captain of the club and I'd like to finish my football here so it's good news for me," Anasta said.
There was some conjecture last month as to whether the Roosters would offer Anasta a one-year or two-year contract.
Eventually, the club signed him until the end of 2013 - a deal that could be the last Anasta signs.
It is unlikely he will play with another NRL club.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Last year, word leaked out that the Roosters were attempting to ditch Anasta.
Although the club never said so officially, there was genuine interest from North Queensland and also talk he may head to Parramatta.
At the time, Anasta was shattered. But his form last season made it virtually impossible for the Roosters to punt him.
Anasta was named Dally M captain of the year in 2010 for his inspirational performances in pushing the Roosters into last year's grand final against St George Illawarra.
Anasta, Todd Carney and Mitchell Pearce form arguably the best scrum-base combination in the NRL.
The Roosters confront fierce rivals Souths in Friday night's season opener at the Sydney Football Stadium.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
if i was running your club, it would be my preference to retain braith anasta over this aasta guy.... braith's a good talent and it would be a shame for him to leave..

Monk

Referee
Let's hope we can keep him happy, he personify's this club perfectly. I love the passion he plays with and I wouldn't want anyone else captaining our club.