What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABBA record new songs

horrie hastings

First Grade
Who do you think where more popular the Beatles or Abba???

Hard to say, I was born in 1963 so was very young when Beatlemania was happening so was way to young to appreciate or understand it, I was 12 year old when the ABBA hysteria broke out here in Australia. I like both groups and consider both as 2 of the biggest acts in the world so far in my life time.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hard to say, I was born in 1963 so was very young when Beatlemania was happening so was way to young to appreciate or understand it, I was 12 year old when the ABBA hysteria broke out here in Australia. I like both groups and consider both as 2 of the biggest acts in the world so far in my life time.
I was born in 1967 like wise with me...

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Who do you think where more popular the Beatles or Abba???
If you go by who sold the most certified units worldwide (singles, albums, downloads, etc.), the Beatles win hands down.

They outsold ABBA by 4.5:1. In other words, 271.3 million versus 60.9 million.

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
The Beatles were far more influential and a have a broader songbook both in terms of variety and depth.

Some folks wrote off (and still do) ABBA as merely pop stars but their best songs are classic and timeless. There is an art to writing a great pop song, and they definitely had it.

They have more in common than some people would like to think. The best of their chosen decades at writing classic pop songs.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Abba star reveals group's two new songs

Two new Abba songs are on the way, Swedish bandmate Bjorn Ulvaeus says
Abba star Bjorn Ulvaeus says two new songs - one a danceable pop tune and the other 'Nordic sad but happy at the same time' - from the Swedish foursome are on the way.

Ulvaeus revealed the details of the two new songs on the red carpet at the world premiere of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again in London on Monday.

The band had already announced they were getting back together to make new material ahead of their digital avatar tour.

fcfc0e88-61de-441e-8e20-b1e9f8d2c1ac

March, 1976: ABBA performs 'Mamma Mia' on The Best of ABBA Bandstand Special in Australia.
AAP

"One of them is a pop tune, very danceable," Ulvaeus said of the new material.

"The other is more timeless, more reflective, that is all I will say. It is Nordic sad, but happy at the same time."

He said the singing of Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad lifted the sad song.

"I think that exuberant quality of the two ladies (Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad) together singing, that makes the saddest song a bit uplifting, anyway I think that is what happens and that is very organic, that isn't calculated, that just happened that way."

Bandmate Benny Andersson hinted he had a third song on his mind.

"Yeah it is but don't tell anyone. If we do a third one, it won't be out until we go on the road," he said, adding a third album was unlikely.

"Doing another album is like doing Mamma Mia 3, what is the point unless there is a good reason, good script, good environment? It is such a joyful experience, so that is a reason to do it."

Andersson also said he was determined that any sequel to Mamma Mia would have value that was more than just financial, so he wanted to wait until there was a good script.

horrie hastings

First Grade
5 new songs now not 2 like originally announced but put back till 2021 at the earliest because of problems with their virtual aviators and of course covid. With 5 new songs recorded i hope they bite the bullet and bring out an album.
My only worry is that since the first 2 songs were announced there has been something always delaying the release, i just hope I'm alive to hear the new songs.

Generalzod

Immortal
5 new songs now not 2 like originally announced but put back till 2021 at the earliest because of problems with their virtual aviators and of course covid. With 5 new songs recorded i hope they bite the bullet and bring out an album.
My only worry is that since the first 2 songs were announced there has been something always delaying the release, i just hope I'm alive to hear the new songs.
I remember my parents buying their first English album, it was ABBA Arrival...

horrie hastings

First Grade
I remember my parents buying their first English album, it was ABBA Arrival...

I remember having the first compilation album, i think it was called the Best Of Abba, i remember the cover one of the shots of the group was standing up and i think it was Agnetha where you could see she wasn't wearing shoes as you could see her foot sticking out from under her dress, also there was a shot of Frida sitiing in a chair and showing a lot of leg in her short skirt. Frida was my favourite back in the hey day of ABBA but Agnetha is definitely my favourite now, but i love them both.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Oops, i was wrong, it was Agnetha showing off the leg not Frida.

ABBA-The-best-of-ABBA-3.jpg

Also you can see Agnetha's toes sticking out from under her dress.

R-552854-1173538165.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts