What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aboriginal Cricketers

Pommy

Coach
My point is that there have been opportunities. I've heard all these excuses about how it is cultural or something to do with education. These are poor excuses at best.

Despite what the English may think, cricket is not a sport for gentleman. And it is not the domain of the educated elite.

When I was a kid, we played cricket in the street. We didn't have an academic background or rich parents. But I can tell that a lot of good cricketers came away from that, playing at Club level and beyond.

England kept their attitude for generations, only to find that the colonials could produce better cricketers, without all these so called class advantages.

The reasons why we have less indigenous cricketers goes much deeper than the class system.

That wasn’t my post at all.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That being said there are more indigenous players around than people might think. Alex Carey is indigenous and he's the ODI vice captain. SA and Strikers bat Jake Weatherald is indigenous. So is Dan Christian. Ash Gardner is a superstar in the women's game and she's indigenous. That's just off the top of my head obviously.

D'Arcy Short is another one.

Latest posts